Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    AH involved in 3 more shootings that left 2 dead? This is getting ridiculous. Could he be the first NFL serial killer?

[URL]http://gma.yahoo.com/aaron-hernandez-investigated-two-more-murders-sources-tell-154545683--abc-news-topstories.html[/URL]
    Pats took a chance with him and long term it blew up in their face. He was rumored to be a "gang banger" associate while at Florida which is why so many teams stayed away. Never amazes me how stupid people can be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    AH involved in 3 more shootings that left 2 dead? This is getting ridiculous. Could he be the first NFL serial killer?

[URL]http://gma.yahoo.com/aaron-hernandez-investigated-two-more-murders-sources-tell-154545683--abc-news-topstories.html[/URL]
    I think I remember a guy who had a NFL stint, being sited as a serial killer.

Ok...just looked it up. Read about Anthony Smith-DE Raiders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think I remember a guy who had a NFL stint, being sited as a serial killer.

Ok...just looked it up. Read about Anthony Smith-DE Raiders.
    Guess this makes AH #2. I forgot about that guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE]NFL general managers do not make moral judgments. They make calculated choices. And they know, from decades of experience, that a lot of athletes can't make the jump to a pro lifestyle, because they don't want to make the jump. They want to take their lifestyle to the pros.

[/QUOTE][URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130626/aaron-hernandez-charged/#ixzz2XiTHM7ZH[/URL]

Spot on. and I would add that GMs choices are not always 'calculated' but rather rolling the dice. In AH's case, given his alleged background, all signs pointed to less than even odds for this guy to make a smooth transition to the NFL. If this was a normal corporate decision, the hiring HR rep would probably have lost their job as well.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 06-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Police have a theory as to why they think former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd -- he knew secrets that could destroy Aaron's relationship with his fiancée and the team.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... there are several operating theories, but a prevailing one based on evidence they have already unearthed is that Lloyd "mouthed off" to Hernandez about "secrets" Hernandez had told him in the past.

As for what the nature of the secrets -- we're told they involve 2 issues: Aaron's involvement in drugs and Aaron's involvement in several violent incidents.

Our law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... they do not believe Lloyd tried to extort Hernandez -- in other words, ask for money in return for secrecy. The theory is that Hernandez went ballistic after Lloyd started throwing damaging information in Hernandez's face -- information Hernandez thought would end his relationship with his fiancée and his football career.

[URL]http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Xigckpck[/URL]

Odin Lloyd was pretty stupid thinking he could blackmail a guy like AH....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    [URL]http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2Xigckpck[/URL]

Odin Lloyd was pretty stupid thinking he could blackmail a guy like AH....
    Look at your quote. They DO NOT think he blackmailed AH.

What shocks me is that the dude sucessfully sent those texts implying who he was with which shows he knew he was in trouble.
    Couldnt he have told AH that these were sent, and that he would get caught if they killed him?

Was AH told this (I dont know how Lloyd doesnt in desperation) yet AH was stupid enough to kill hom anyway?

Bottom line, AH is a stinkin moron regardless.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Pats took a chance with him and long term it blew up in their face. He was rumored to be a "gang banger" associate while at Florida which is why so many teams stayed away. Never amazes me how stupid people can be.
    Frankly, in a purely football sense the risk of a 4th rounder (he was the top tight end in college and "fell" to the fourth) paid off bigtime.
    If it ended after the first deal it was a steal.
    They just got burned with the second deal, but I dont now if they can go after some of his money due to any conduct clause.

for example:
    "If you have any part of the execution of one or more people in cold blood you shall forfiet any signing bonus you received as a part of this contract".

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Frankly, in a purely football sense the risk of a 4th rounder (he was the top tight end in college and "fell" to the fourth) paid off bigtime.
    They just got burned with the second deal, but I dont now if they can go after some of his money due to any conduct clause.

for example:
    "If you have any part of the execution of one or more people in cold blood you shall forfiet any signing bonus you received as a part of this contract".
    What do you bet that money was long spent before he pulled the trigger?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

for example:
    Staying in a purely football sense, while I hope they don't have to pay him all the "guaranteed" money from his deal... I would hope that they are still taking the cap hit that goes along with taking risks in the draft. It isn't fair to the team that eschews athletic talent for fear of character concerns.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard someone mentioning the shootings AH was questioned about while he was at Florida. They said he was with 3 other guys that night of 2 shootings and they were questioned as well. 2 of the other 3 guys were the Pounceys.

If they go back looking into past open cases, could Pouncey end up implicated along with AH in some way?

Either way, it could mean Pouncey hangs with the wrong crowd as well. His brother Rainey has some off field problems as well.