Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Colbert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Keenan Lewis too
    Not sure about that one. You pulling Champ Bailey, Jonathan Joseph, or Antonio Cromartie off the roster for him?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think people are forgetting how he takes marginal players and develops them into studs, how he always has the team prepared, gameplanning for each and every team and exploiting their weaknesses, his great in game adjustments and his use of challenges and clock management. the team plays their hearts out for him. the way he has come in and added his expertise to the 3-4 defense is spectacular. i also like the way he chooses not to be distracted with the hiring or firing of his staff. he tells the rooneys to make that decision for him because he doesnt have time for that stuff. he is more valuable using the off season to evaluate the college kids so his drafts are fantastic.
    Who are you and what have you done with squidkid?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Champ Bailey in a heartbeat

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Champ Bailey in a heartbeat
    Yeah, quite possibly. 15 more tackles for KL, 2 less picks. Not sure on PD. Lewis led the league didn't he?

Btw...like the trade down scenario in your mock a lot but not the picks other than Ellington.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis too
    Lewis had a nice season as the #2, but I wouldn't put him in the PB. I wouldn't put him there in front of Ike.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only problem I see with Colbert, by the way isnt the last 5 years in the draft. If his drafting were so horrible other teams wouldn't be reloading with his draft picks. However, restructuring contracts and loading it to future years is what is killing us. This is a relatively new concept (mid 90's) that we've been doing heavily since the lockout. When you start out the new year 30 million owed before you even factor in existing contracts, you're in trouble in regards to re-signing your own. Khan is supposed to be a math wiz, so maybe we can get it together...........
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 03-17-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Brown was also a pro bowler...

And Harrison became a pro bowler under Tomlin...he was a backup under Cowher...
    Tomlin had nothing to do with it. Harrison was a slow learner and didn't know the defense. That's why the rats didn't keep him around. The light finally went on but he was ready to go when he came to Tomlin's first camp. Tomlin never even thought about Harrison because he drafted Timmon to play ROLBer and Woodley to play LOLBer. Harrison surprised everyone that he picked up the defense. Tomlin NEVER even coached him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Lewis had a nice season as the #2, but I wouldn't put him in the PB. I wouldn't put him there in front of Ike.
    I think Lewis had the better season ( he didn't miss a quarter of it either). I think Ike is still a better CB, but Lewis had a nice season. Yes he did lead the league in PD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tomlin had nothing to do with it. Harrison was a slow learner and didn't know the defense. That's why the rats didn't keep him around. The light finally went on but he was ready to go when he came to Tomlin's first camp. Tomlin never even thought about Harrison because he drafted Timmon to play ROLBer and Woodley to play LOLBer. Harrison surprised everyone that he picked up the defense. Tomlin NEVER even coached him.
    Ah yes, when it goes good it is never because of Tomlin and when it goes bad it is always because of Tomlin.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't forget about Aaron Smith...he was drafted in 1999. And Ward and Townsend in 1998. But you can't just keep going back further and further, I had to cut the list off somewhere.

Really I should have left off the 2000 season also to make the numbers equal, and then we wouldn't even be factoring in Burress, Marvel Smith, and Haggans