Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With the 17th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers: Come to agreement with Miami to trade pick 17 for their two second round picks and their 4th round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    With the 17th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers: Come to agreement with Miami to trade pick 17 for their two second round picks and their 4th round pick.
    Why would Miami want to do that? There has to be a player they really want for them to make a move like that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And like everything else in this matter you are wrong about this too. You jump to judge and are so quick to assume and believe in the wrong that the truth often passes you right by.

Relatives of Tino Tuiasosopo, a woman in her mid-20s who lives in Pago Pago, American Samoa, told the New York Post that Te'o has been speaking to her."Tino is the girl that Manti has been talking to all these months," said a Tuiasosopo cousin, according to the Post.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8880021/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-cousin-was-voice-talking-manti-teo-report[/URL]
    LOL...

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-tells-dr-phil-believes-te-o-161825943--ncaaf.html[/url]

The Manti Te'o story is nearing its merciful conclusion, and one of the final pieces of the story is now fitting into place.
    In an interview with Dr. Phil scheduled to air Thursday and Friday, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the mastermind of the hoax that ensnared Te'o for several years, spoke publicly for the first time about a story that has captured national attention and [URL="http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/30/dr-phil-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confused-sexual-identity/1876995/"]admitted that he fell "deeply, romantically in love" [/URL]with Te'o over the course of the scam.
    "I asked him, straight up, was this a romantic relationship with you?" Dr. Phil McGraw said on NBC's Today. "And he says, 'yes.' I then said, are you then, therefore, gay? He says, 'Well, when you put it that way, yes.' And then, he caught himself and said, 'I am confused.'"

However, Tuiasosopo emphatically denied that Te'o was in any way involved with the scam. He noted that while Te'o and "Lennay Kekua" would "break up," Tuiasosopo himself would find a way to reunite them: "There were many times where Manti and Lennay had broken up, but something would bring them back together, whether it was something going on in his life or in Lennay's life, in this case in my life."

Tuiasosopo still contends that it's his voice on the famous voicemail recordings, not a cousin. That may be the only mystery still left in this story, one which has now reached its natural end.

So... who do we believe and honestly... does it really matter? I'm confused...

both these dudes are gay.... not that there is anything wrong with that. This $^%#$ is CRAZY! Stay away from this guy.. he will destroy a locker room.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Better than James Farrior, and he was a 1st rounder... Anyway...
    pet peeve of mine... no, he's not better than James Farrior... not until he proves it in the NFL... none of the college players are...

now, carry on.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

True. Even I get caught up in this trying to project a college kid and what he can do in the NFL. Wording should have been- projected to be better than.. James Farrior, who was a 1st round pick.

I've always said year after year that the draft is always a crap shoot or a box of chocolates- ya never know what you're gonna get...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Does it bother anyone else that he skipped the Senior Bowl? After getting totally abused in the biggest game of his life (he was flat out terrible) he has a chance to go play against great competition and show how he responds to adversity and he declines? WTH? No thanks. That's worse than being one of the world's biggest imbeciles and allowing this internet thing to happen to you. It was 2012, not 1998 - the internet isn't new. For goodness sake, he's young enough to really not remember much of the world without computers and the web.

The reporter who broke this story has stated point blank - he doesn't believe there is any way in which Te'o clould not have known for as long as he claims and let this go on. No way. And I agree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that he skipped the Senior Bowl? After getting totally abused in the biggest game of his life (he was flat out terrible) he has a chance to go play against great competition and show how he responds to adversity and he declines? WTH? No thanks. That's worse than being one of the world's biggest imbeciles and allowing this internet thing to happen to you. It was 2012, not 1998 - the internet isn't new. For goodness sake, he's young enough to really not remember much of the world without computers and the web.

The reporter who broke this story has stated point blank - he doesn't believe there is any way in which Te'o clould not have known for as long as he claims and let this go on. No way. And I agree.
    I'd prefer Ogletree and Minter over T'eo no matter when we are picking
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

I doubt they had Internet service in the small wooden shack he grew up in until a few years ago. Educated people get conned in financial dealings all the time and sometimes lose everything. This kid got conned by a sick in the head femme gay dude into thinking he was talking to a hot brunette babe. Coming from a very poor family, a being a college athlete that isn't allowed to work, he had no money to go flying to south bend to California to visit.

Personally I think the whole thing is overblown due to the weird factor and of course the media. If you look at the kids college career, minus one game against an OL where his DL was getting killed, I would have no issues if we dropped pick 17 on him. I think Te'o and Timmons could be pretty awesome in the middle of our defense.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ogletree- no way.. Wasn't this kid in trouble with the law? If not, then I apologize, but I thought he was....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ogletree- no way.. Wasn't this kid in trouble with the law? If not, then I apologize, but I thought he was....
    He suffered from Santonio Holmes disease and was suspended for 4 games to start the season for a failed drug test. Don't believe the law was involved though. Coach Richt handled it internally for UGA.