Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Give a choice, I'd take Russell Wilson over Ben right now.

Did you see this guy battle back vs. Atl? Dear WORD, this kid is good. He is a better QB, right NOW, then is Bonehead Ben. He can buy time in the pocket, and out side of it, BETTER than BB, plus makes better decisions on where to go with the ball. I give Pete Carrol kudos for having the stones, and the wisdom, to go with this rookie instead of their high priced QB free agent vet. Seattle still lost, but this guy brought them back on a furious pace. Ben gets so much credit for keeping a play alive, but takes a pounding in doing so and makes some real bonehead decisions with careless decisions. This guy is already superior in buying time, creating plays and the accuracy on his throws. I know most of us like to consider BB an elite QB, but this new crop of QBs is quickly leaving BB in the rear view mirror as a possible top 5 QB. As a matter of fact, if given the choice, I would choose all of these QBs BEFORE BB if I had an NFL team.

Brady
    Rogers
    Matt Ryan
    Peyton Manning - although age is a concern
    Colin Rand Kaepernick
    Russell Wilson
    Luck
    RG3 - although knee injury a concern
    Brees

And I would add in Cam Newton if he bounces back from a sophomore slump, which I think he will.

That puts BB out of the top 10 in my mind - just out of it, but out of it nonetheless.

Sorry but Russell Wilson is the real deal. And so is Kaepernick, with his wicked athletic ability paired with a cannon of an arm. These guys are the new big time QBs in the NFL; BB no longer is the current big time QB. Those days are already gone. Oh, and Brady is as deadly as ever. Amazing how he and the Pats contend every year - just amazing.

Backup

User Info Menu

People forget really easy that Ben was having an MVP year before he got injured...
    How long have yu been a fan? Cause I remember the comebacks that Ben has made and will never forget them...I will also remember the several yet to come by BB.

Ben is not our problem people!

Starter

User Info Menu

Cmon man, get a grip on reality

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    People forget really easy that Ben was having an MVP year before he got injured...
    How long have yu been a fan? Cause I remember the comebacks that Ben has made and will never forget them...I will also remember the several yet to come by BB.

Ben is not our problem people!
    Yea, BB used to make come backs all the time. How has he been lately? The last Super Bowl? This season?
    Not happening anymore. BB used to be clutch; now coming down the stretch of the most important games,
    he just isn't getting it done. We needed him vs. Dallas or Cinci to make the post season, and with two
    opportunities to win both games, he came up empty, big time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Cmon man, get a grip on reality
    Offer specifics and make an argument. What is not in accordance with reality? Which of those QBs are not superior to BB at this point?

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL... Russell Wilson is who Ben used to be when Ben was a rookie. I would love to have the hot hand right now but who knows how they are going to play next year or 2 or 3 years down the road. Ben used to scoot for 1st downs and keep the D honest with his feet.

I complain...I'm still mad.... but you... you sound like you don't even like this team.

Starter

User Info Menu

Wilson has one full season under his belt and Kaepernick has even less than that. Those two guys could have Hall of Fame careers or be benched halfway through next year, and anywhere in between. Remember when Vince Young had his one good year in this league? Led the Titans to the playoffs right? How did that end up for him?

To mention any of these guys names in the same sentence with Ben at this point in their careers is ridiculous. Lets let these flavor of the year QBs get a few years under their belt before we give them a gold jacket.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You would take Russell Wilson? Good for you, he's a heck of a player. Are you looking to trade for him or something? Aside from looking for an opportunity to slam Ben, do you have a point?

Backup

User Info Menu

You know Russell Wilson is exactly where Ben is right---On his couch. Differnce is Ben is polishing his rings!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Loid is just admiring Wilson's play... but just threw Ben in it so it would stay on the board.