Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Base Offense in 2012?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Steelers' Base Offense in 2012?

I think it will be a 3 WR base...

I think that Redman will be the RB in the base...he has shown the ability to block in pass pro when needed and has also shown the ability to catch, though he will never be mistaken for LaDanian Tomlinson..

I think that the running game will focus on hitting the hole quickly and getting downfield, keeping the offense ahead of the chains...the 3WRs will command coverage and leave fewer defenders in the box...usually, one guy isn't enough to get Redman down, so the defenders will have to cheat a safety down into the box..and that will open thing up even further in the passing game..

With Pouncey, DeCastro and Colon in the middle, the run game could be deadly with the defenders having to account for the YMC and Heath...successful between the tackles running will be the key to another big year for Wallace and Brown, with Heath, Sanders and Cotchery all benefitting...

Legend

User Info Menu

Still an echo on this board I see.

Rookie

User Info Menu

How about an opinion from someone whom I don't want to put on my ignore list?

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been preaching the 3 wide base for years Slap, here and elsewhere.

You need to read what's written rather than just WHO is writing it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I've been preaching the 3 wide base for years Slap, here and elsewhere.

You need to read what's written rather than just WHO is writing it.
    You won't let any of us forget who's writing it...that's not the problem...

Legend

User Info Menu

"Better yet, I would try Adams at LT where he played last season, if he can handle it I leave him there, leave Gilbert where he was last season, and DeCastro at RG where he played last season also. Leave the OL's where they were last season, put Foster at LG and let this unit grow and blend in together without moving them around"

-Crash April 27 2012

And for four of the five spots? That's exactly what they are doing.

Not bad for a guy who doesn't WORK in the NFL huh?

Rookie

User Info Menu

He is a right guard. Tha's where he played at Stanford.
    - Mike Tomlin April 26 2012

Reporter: Does [drafting Adams] change your plans to move Marcus Gilbert to left tackle?

Sean Kugler: I'm going to have a few beers tonight and think about it.
    - Press Conference April 27 2012

Nice predictions, Nostradamus...

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks. I said them first.

I also said that Mike Tomlin would win his first SB inside three years during the first month of his first season.

Legend

User Info Menu

To get the thread back on topic, I'll agree with Slap on the 3-wide base offense (and thereby agree with Crash for the second time today), although I don't plan on dislocating my own shoulders from patting myself on the back about it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

My vote's for the triple lindy.