Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Five Questions for Five Potential Draftees

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    All we have to do is draft Eifert and fire Lebeau and we're golden.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unsure about all the LeBeau hate, and believe me I get mad too when our DBs are lined up 10 yds off the ball on 3rd and short. But at the end of the year when our defense is ranked in the top five like it usually is, he has done his job. It's up to the offense to bring some continued success to balance the scales.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Unsure about all the LeBeau hate, and believe me I get mad too when our DBs are lined up 10 yds off the ball on 3rd and short. But at the end of the year when our defense is ranked in the top five like it usually is, he has done his job. It's up to the offense to bring some continued success to balance the scales.
    i think the LeBeU talk to to poke a ill fun at a Long time member.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thor, I personally feel that we DL is the reason we've been to our last 2 superbowls. Our offense is so inconsistent and inept inside the redzone that our defense has made up for all those wasted opportunities to put 7 on the board. I also think that WR would be a wasted pick. QB's make the WR not the other way around. I do like Eifert at 17 though. Or Ertz in the second. Or even Kelce in the third. I think Ben can make all three of those players exciting players to watch. But the reality is... I'm a BIG UGLY kind of guy. Give me a tackle on the left side I can be confident in. Or a NT that can hold the point of attack. I don't see all the holes that everyone else sees and I maintain that we can go BPA available. I also feel that any player we draft in the first round wont matter one iota if our QB can't keep himself healthy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Thor, I personally feel that we DL is the reason we've been to our last 2 superbowls. Our offense is so inconsistent and inept inside the redzone that our defense has made up for all those wasted opportunities to put 7 on the board. I also think that WR would be a wasted pick. QB's make the WR not the other way around. I do like Eifert at 17 though. Or Ertz in the second. Or even Kelce in the third. I think Ben can make all three of those players exciting players to watch. But the reality is... I'm a BIG UGLY kind of guy. Give me a tackle on the left side I can be confident in. Or a NT that can hold the point of attack. I don't see all the holes that everyone else sees and I maintain that we can go BPA available. I also feel that any player we draft in the first round wont matter one iota if our QB can't keep himself healthy.
    I agree, the game is usually won or lost at the line of scrimmage. I hope the scouts pull out a gem for us at LT. Can't wait to get this draft started!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska