Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sanders pulls a wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Kind of poor throw but Ben put it there for him to make a play on. If that's Boldin or Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson that's at least an incomplete pass or a reception/PI at best.
    You can't have 3 number one WRs on your team. Your #3 is going to have flaws. I'm hoping Wheaton turns I to a #2 and they keep sanders at a reasonable price. That will put Ben in a good place including g Miller and Bell moving forward.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 12-16-2013 at 09:13 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He made up for it on that first down at the end of the game...
    Yet another clutch catch by Sanders! Just like the TD catch against the Ravens. And the 3rd down catch with the season on the line against Miami...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You can't have 3 number one WRs on your team. Your #3 is going to have flaws. I'm hoping Wheaton turns I to a #2 and they keep sanders at a reasonable price. That will put Ben in a good place including g Miller and Bell moving forward.

Pappy
    Did we over pay for Sanders this year? I wonder where he is on the production scale.

63 rec for 707... I would keep him if he is affordable.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-17-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought we would see Moye in the game when it looked like a tall receiver would be useful. I wonder if he has lost his usefulness with the team since he allowed for an easy drop a couple or three games ago ? Just speculating.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Did we over pay for Sanders this year? I wonder where he is on the production scale.

63 rec for 707... I would keep him if he is affordable.
    I have no idea what his salary is, but my main reason for wanting to keep him is, so that, Ben can actually continue to work with the same group of WRs for more than a year. The offense has been improving over the last four weeks and is becoming a force even with the OL injuries. Miller is playing well, Bell is a threat out of the backfield, Brown is having a great year, Cotchery has produced and Sanders is having a good year (save for the couple bad drops). Keep them together with Ben and Haley, get the OL healthy and see what happens.

Draft for defense, CB, NT, FS, another late round OLB and ILB wouldn't be bad either. The only position that would get me thinking about not taking defense first would be one of the top LTs and I mean one of the top LTs.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I have no idea what his salary is, but my main reason for wanting to keep him is, so that, Ben can actually continue to work with the same group of WRs for more than a year. The offense has been improving over the last four weeks and is becoming a force even with the OL injuries. Miller is playing well, Bell is a threat out of the backfield, Brown is having a great year, Cotchery has produced and Sanders is having a good year (save for the couple bad drops). Keep them together with Ben and Haley, get the OL healthy and see what happens.

Draft for defense, CB, NT, FS, another late round OLB and ILB wouldn't be bad either. The only position that would get me thinking about not taking defense first would be one of the top LTs and I mean one of the top LTs.

Pappy
    I think we keep Sanders because Ben loves the no huddle and you need WR's who are in tune with the QB. I also believe Sanders is much better than people give him credit for... he isn't a #1 and will never be a #1. He won't make every catch either... I watched Calvin Johnson drop 3 perfectly thrown balls while WIDE OPEN last night.

Fans are too quick to dump on certain players because the "draft pick" would most certainly be their guy and he would make all the plays.