Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Picking 4th and 36th in 2014 NFL Draft....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    The problem is, no matter how good Roetlisberger plays there's no chance we'll make the playoffs with that roster and cap situation. It simply doesn't make any sense to pay a quaterback 15 million a year when you have zero shot at contending. Rebuild has to start, and getting rid of Ben is part of it. It Burns my heart, i love Ben. But unless he is willing to take a massive paycut, he has to go.
    Total rebuilding mode? I know that our record is bleak. I know this Steeler team has many problems. But, I would argue this Steeler team has quite a bit of talent. They are poorly coached, underachieving, lacking leadership etc. The OL is the biggest problem. Getting a franchise LT is where this starts. If you shore up the OL, you control the clock, keep Ben upright, allow plays to develop, and spell your very tired D. It would go a LONG way to improving this team.

Looking at the D, there is NO way they should be playing this poorly. Heyward is a beast. Timmons is an elite ILB. Woodley is a very good OLB despite what many here think. We have Ike, Troy, Clark. There is enough fire power on D that there is no way the Pats should score 55 points. But they did. Why? I must look at the top. LeBeau needs to go.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Total rebuilding mode? I know that our record is bleak. I know this Steeler team has many problems. But, I would argue this Steeler team has quite a bit of talent. They are poorly coached, underachieving, lacking leadership etc. The OL is the biggest problem. Getting a franchise LT is where this starts. If you shore up the OL, you control the clock, keep Ben upright, allow plays to develop, and spell your very tired D. It would go a LONG way to improving this team.

Looking at the D, there is NO way they should be playing this poorly. Heyward is a beast. Timmons is an elite ILB. Woodley is a very good OLB despite what many here think. We have Ike, Troy, Clark. There is enough fire power on D that there is no way the Pats should score 55 points. But they did. Why? I must look at the top. LeBeau needs to go.
    this Tom guy sounds familiar...

anyway.. I agree with everything you typed Shawn. I would can the OL coach. Although I'm scared he will get hurt walking to the podium, I would go LT in the first.

I would also show LeBeau the door... it's been a nice run but if Tomlin is on the hot seat (and he should be after this performance) I would at least like to see what our D would look like with a new DC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Clark should be released at the end of the season. He's molasses out there. I think the Steelers have to take a long, hard look at the contracts Troy and Ike have. Neither is playing to the level of the money owned them next season. Maybe they re-structure but Ike's not worth $10 million any more. Letting veterans stick around past their prime is what put the Steelers in cap misery for this and next year.

There's a thought in business that when things are going askew, you must have 'necessary endings' - a termination of something/someone whose time has passed. Consider it like pruning: cutting away the obstacles to success. Look to prune all of these: 1. Good but not great - take up resources and don't allow the organization to move forward. 2. Sick and not getting well - their time has passed and they wont' revert back to glory 3. Dead a long time - people/situations who are just in the way of success and offer no value.

This is where the Steelers are today. It's not pleasant to go through this but if you don't you become the Cleveland Browns over the last 12 years or the current Jaguars.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There are a lot of elite QBs in this upcoming draft. There are several who have snuck in NFL games & showed they are proven winners. Hell...I heard some of them even have multiple SB rings. There is no chance missing on those guys! We should definitely get rid of ours because I like that new car smell. Is there a Lemon Law in the NFL?

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't need a total rebuild. The worst team in the NFL last year (the Chiefs) is the only undefeated team this year. We can turn this around quickly if we recognize which players are our real assets and get rid of the rest. We need to do things differently on both the offense and defense. Defense clearly showed yesterday that it is overmatched and playing old tactics that can't win against elite offenses.

Getting a premier draft position will help us significantly, however getting rid of our QB will just slow the turnaround into a slow and painful crawl. First and foremost, fix the OL and Ben is automatically significantly better.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    There are a lot of elite QBs in this upcoming draft. There are several who have snuck in NFL games & showed they are proven winners. Hell...I heard some of them even have multiple SB rings. There is no chance missing on those guys! We should definitely get rid of ours because I like that new car smell. Is there a Lemon Law in the NFL?
    The may be what is considered "elite" college QBs but that doesn't make them anything in the NFL. They will be lucky if 2 out of 5 make it as very good starters let alone as good as Ben can be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chiefs had like 7 pro bowlers last year on their terrible team. Mostly on their D. This year's Steelers don't have that.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Really? I seriously doubt that. In your opinion, who is this year's Andrew Luck?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The may be what is considered "elite" college QBs but that doesn't make them anything in the NFL. They will be lucky if 2 out of 5 make it as very good starters let alone as good as Ben can be.
    You didn't pick up on Sarcasm? I don't want any QB in the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Really? I seriously doubt that. In your opinion, who is this year's Andrew Luck?
    See below. You guys are dry today. I don't want any QB! You honestly read that post & thought what I said was truth? Must be Monday.