Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers insider: NFL feeling effects of owners’ labor win

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A key to consistent winning will be getting players producing very early in there careers and not sitting for three years prior to playing, performing well in their fourth year, then demanding a big contract after that one year.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    A key to consistent winning will be getting players producing very early in there careers and not sitting for three years prior to playing, performing well in their fourth year, then demanding a big contract after that one year.
    Interesting that you said that since I think the Steelers have had the best record in the NFL since 1972 onward. I would call that consistent winning and proof that whatever method they use works.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Interesting that you said that since I think the Steelers have had the best record in the NFL since 1972 onward. I would call that consistent winning and proof that whatever method they use works.
    Oh good. Thanks for setting me straight. I won't question anything they ever do again.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh good. Thanks for setting me straight. I won't question anything they ever do again.
    No problem. I'm happy to help out
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    This team wasn't founded in 1972.

How was their "method" during their first 40 YEARS?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    This team wasn't founded in 1972.

How was their "method" during their first 40 YEARS?
    obviously all Art II's fault...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    obviously all Art II's fault...
    No, because he wasn't born until 1952 and the team began play in 1933.

Way to avoid the point though.

Still won't change the facts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    No, because he wasn't born until 1952 and the team began play in 1933.

Way to avoid the point though.

Still won't change the facts.
    that little detail shouldn't stop you from blaming our two-bit meddlesome owner...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that little detail shouldn't stop you from blaming our two-bit meddlesome owner...
    Yep. And when Tomlin gets fed up and walks because of him? Maybe you'll realize how bad it really is.

Art already cost them one season. What he should have done after it was publicly apologize in the press to his HOF quarterback.

The same way he insulted him after 2011.

Legend

User Info Menu

Amen. Until we fix that we will have cap problems. I've been saying that for years.

You have to be structured to enbale players to come in as rookies and be comfortable with where you play them and what you have them doing so you can get them on the field. I'm not saying they have to be starters but they need significant time on the field so you can evaluate what you have and what you don't have instead of waiting two years while they learn an unnecessarily complex system. That is the only way the cap will work when you have a few players who are consuming 60-70% of the cap.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"