Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'm imagining the conversation Pouncey has with the front office when he shows up at Latrobe. He gets slammed for poor judgement, supporting someone who has been accused of killing in cold blood. "Don't do that stuff ever again ...".

Then he responds, "How is that different from people going on talk shows and participating in demonstrations to support Zimmerman when he was accused of murdering Trayvon Martin? If people respected by society can do that, why can't I do this?".

Not sure how I would answer that.
    Two totally different scenarios that aren't at all related to each other at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey must have gotten a scolding from somebody. He has now apologized:

I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate, and I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my actions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Two totally different scenarios that aren't at all related to each other at all.
    exactly... Zimmerman admitted to murder upfront (and got off)...

but, you can't support a football player that claims to be innocent - heck - he's gonna lose, so steer clear!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Guys, I know there are plenty of people with strong feelings about the Zimmerman verdict, but can we please stay away from that on this forum? The situation with Pouncey has nothing to do with it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys, I know there are plenty of people with strong feelings about the Zimmerman verdict, but can we please stay away from that on this forum? The situation with Pouncey has nothing to do with it.
    I'm good with that... still, back to what i said a few posts ago -- I believe it was "showing support" for a friend. Not sure why a guy(s) gets scolded and forced to apologize for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

but, you can't support a football player that claims to be innocent - heck - he's gonna lose, so steer clear!!
    Zimmerman never admitted to murder and consistently claimed self defense. He "got off" because the trial proved the initials facts of self defense were 100% correct before the case turned political.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Respectfully, I don't see it that way. Both accused of a horrible crime, both unconvicted at the time, and people wanting to show support in each case. Sure the cases aren't identical, but "nothing to do with" each other I think is a stretch, and less accurate.

I don't have a problem discussing either case rationally and without flaming, but having said that if the moderators or board consensus is to not mention the one case while discussing the other, I'm fine with that too.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Zimmerman never admitted to murder and consistently claimed self defense. He "got off" because the trial proved the initials facts of self defense were 100% correct before the case turned political.
    he admitted to stalking, then subsequently killing... self defense isn't required without his stalking... it's like breaking into a house and charging the other peeps with having a slick floor which caused me to break my arm...

after a couple of edits, including a post i made on another board... may be more relevant for a topic of it's own, but, Ovi here's a common take....

I put myself in TM's shoes.. I imagine myself as a black teenager, walking home in the dark, minding my business... and I notice I'm being followed... much like Zimmerman's profile of Trayvon, I've profiled the "serial killer", and guess what - THAT is following me right now. I don't know that this is his intent, but, he's certainly after me.

I'm NOT going home. I'm NOT leading him to my house. Lead a stalker to your home? That's dumb.

With that, I don't suspect I'd wait for him to make a move - the minute he got close enough, I'm gonna punch him. I just am. Period.

I know he's a grown man, but, for my survival, I'm hoping i can kick his arse. No, i won't punch him once. I'm going to kick his arse. And make sure he can't follow me home. And hope he thinks twice about following the next kid...

Thing is, I keep reading basically that travyon was kicking his arse... and I'm trying to understand why who was winning the fight matters - in this case, no fight happens without a stalking.
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 07-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I love the Steelers as an organization but on the other hand I genuinely do not like a number of our players personally. It just gets harder and harder to stay a football fan when you're having to root for guys that in the real world you would completely loathe.
    There's probably only about 4 Pittsburgh Steelers that I'd want to hang out with if given the opportunity.

I don't want to be a witness or an accomplice to anything these guys do off the field.

As for the Pounceys, if the worst thing they do is support their friend by wearing a hat, oh well, at least they didn't beat up each others girl friends.

The league is full of morons. As a fan, the problem is that these morons are broadcasting their business by means of social media and it's not good for anyone.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

Zimmerman admitted to self defense, which the facts and a jury of his peers agreed.
    @_Hellgrammite