all win their division.

Our competition for the 2 remaining wildcard spots come from:
    Buff(4-6) w/ ind, jax, st. louis, sea, mia and nyj remaining
    Miami(4-6) w/ sea, ne, sf, jax, buff and ne remaining
    Cincy(4-5) w/ kc, oak, sd, dal, phi, pit and balt remaining
    Indy (6-3) w/ ne, buff, det, tenn, hou, kc and hou remaining
    Tenn (4-6) w/ jax, hou, ind, nyj, gb and jax remaining
    San Diego (4-5) w/ den, bal, cin, pit, car, nyj and oak remaining

I highlighted the games that I believe these teams will lose to and underlined the teams that I think could go either way.
    Buffalo best case scenario 8-8, predict 7-9
    Miami best case scenario 7-9, predict 6-10
    Cincy best case scenario 9-7, predict 8-8
    Indy best case scenario 10-6, predict 9-7
    Tennessee best case scenario 7-9, predict 6-10
    San Diego best case scenario 8-8, predict 8-8

Pittsburgh needs to find a way to win 3 games between, balt, cle, balt, sd, dallas and cle. They could possibly even get in at 8-8 if they beat the right teams(cincy, sd) I think that even if Ben is out for the remainder of the regualr season, this team can still make the playoffs. Ben coming back healthy from the shoulder, and any lingering injuries he may already have, might make the playoff run interesting. To be honest, I'm not overly concerned about going on the road to play any of the projected playoff teams.
    Last edited by squidkid; 11-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    I highlighted the games that I believe these teams will lose to and underlined the teams that I think could go either way.
    Pittsburgh needs to find a way to win 3 games between, balt, cle, balt, sd, dallas and cle.
    Based on your highlighting and underlining criteria detailed above, it appears that you expect us to lose to San Diego at home plus lose to Cleveland twice, think the Baltimore game at home and the game in Dallas could go either way, and expect us to win in Baltimore?

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really think we will end up 10-6 and be in. The Baltimore games are critical. If we beat them twice we win the AFC North. If we split or lose both we likely are a Wild card.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Based on your highlighting and underlining criteria detailed above, it appears that you expect us to lose to San Diego at home plus lose to Cleveland twice, think the Baltimore game at home and the game in Dallas could go either way, and expect us to win in Baltimore?

Ooops, my bad. Those highlighted for the steelers are projected wins. I would have thought you should have figured that out and knew i made a mistake.
    Last edited by squidkid; 11-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really think we will end up 10-6 and be in. The Baltimore games are critical. If we beat them twice we win the AFC North. If we split or lose both we likely are a Wild card.
    The Ravens games are definitely critical. If we sweep, we take the North, if they sweep they take the North...it's that simple. But if we split, I think it is still up in the air. We both have to play the Chargers and Bengals, but we see both of those teams at home while they have to play them on the road (and they suck on the road, so even though it's the same teams, we have a slight advantage there). We travel to Dallas, they travel to D.C. (Cowboys on the road is pretty much a push compared to the Redskins on the road...both teams are good sometimes and but both can be bad as well). Finally, we have a home-and-home vs. the lowly Browns while they host both of the Manning brothers in back-to-back weeks. Although Baltimore plays better at home, facing Peyton and Eli is much more challenging than us facing Weeden twice. Based on our remaining schedules, I think we have an advantage if we split against the Ravens.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Ooops, my bad. Those highlighted for the steelers are projected wins. I would have thought you should have figured that out and knew i made a mistake.
    Yup...seemed like a mistake to me, which is why I questioned it (then again, since we have a tendency to lose to crap teams like Oakland and Tennessee while beating good teams, perhaps you were making some sort of statement there).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Ravens games are definitely critical. If we sweep, we take the North, if they sweep they take the North...it's that simple. But if we split, I think it is still up in the air. We both have to play the Chargers and Bengals, but we see both of those teams at home while they have to play them on the road (and they suck on the road, so even though it's the same teams, we have a slight advantage there). We travel to Dallas, they travel to D.C. (Cowboys on the road is pretty much a push compared to the Redskins on the road...both teams are good sometimes and but both can be bad as well). Finally, we have a home-and-home vs. the lowly Browns while they host both of the Manning brothers in back-to-back weeks. Although Baltimore plays better at home, facing Peyton and Eli is much more challenging than us facing Weeden twice. Based on our remaining schedules, I think we have an advantage if we split against the Ravens.
    I'll buy that assessment. I'd love to get a win tonight and put the pressure in the Ravens versus vice versa.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"