Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Timing right for Steelers to draft tall WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Both Ebron and Amaro are tall pass catching TEs who are, at least, willing blockers...

If you line up one of those guys opposite Miller, you have two TEs who can block and catch...

With Wheaton and Brown, you have two guys who can run every route on the tree and are both fast enough to take the top off of a defense...

And you have Bell in the backfield, who runs with patience and can also catch passes...

Spaeth is only signed for one more season...
    If we go O, I want Ebron. Amaro's maturity has been called into question. I'm not sure if Evans game translates to the pro game.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Round 2 (46) Pittsburgh Steelers: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State

The Steelers missed Mike Wallace in 2013 and could use more receiving weapons for Todd Haley's offense, especially when you consider that Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery are entering free agency.

The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Adams has a good combination of size and speed. He was extremely reliable for Derek Carr and gets open via quickness, size and route-running. In 2013, Adams dominated with 131 receptions for 1,718 yards and 24 touchdowns. He was one of the best receivers in college football. Adams has the ability to make receptions over defenders with the skills to get separation. As a freshman in 2012, he had 102 catches for 1,312 yards and 14 scores.

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie_2.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

either its a smokescreen or colbert is an idiot
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the value at WR in the 2nd makes me believe the steelers will go elsewhere in the 1st, but I certainly won't cry if Evans is the pick.

WR times at the combine are going to be inreresting, as always.

Backup

User Info Menu

Shouts out to Marqise, (Inglewood,...Fight on) but Brown has solidified and earned his position as the smaller, athletically gifted, hardworking and productive lightning bolt playmaker type of WR for this team.

If we go receiver,...take the big, nasty, determined and talented WR with a lb's heart in the 1st,...Mike Evans. If not,...go Defense in the 1st as we should in EVERY other round this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

The Steelers missed Mike Wallace in 2013 and could use more receiving weapons for Todd Haley's offense, especially when you consider that Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery are entering free agency.

The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Adams has a good combination of size and speed. He was extremely reliable for Derek Carr and gets open via quickness, size and route-running. In 2013, Adams dominated with 131 receptions for 1,718 yards and 24 touchdowns. He was one of the best receivers in college football. Adams has the ability to make receptions over defenders with the skills to get separation. As a freshman in 2012, he had 102 catches for 1,312 yards and 14 scores.

Oh that's weird, happened a day after I switched my mock. Adams makes sense. We need too much help on D to go after a WR with Vincent Jackson ceiling or a gamble at WR. It makes more sense to grab either Dennard or Mosley, then address WR in the second. Adams is well rounded. If it wasn't for the talent he played against, he would be a first round lock. He does all the little things well, big, great hands, faster than advertised. I read what the scouts have said, watched a bit of film on the guy...looks like a Steeler kind of WR.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It will be WR in the first this year. It is the offense's year for the first round.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I stopped reading right after I read this. "The Steelers missed Mike Wallace in 2013"

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If we go O, I want Ebron. Amaro's maturity has been called into question. I'm not sure if Evans game translates to the pro game.
    I think Ebron could make a huge impact. I've watch some of his college games and he can't be covered by LBs or DBs. Physically he creates huge mismatch problems.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I LOVE Ebron, I have Amaro 4th after Ebron, ASJ, Niklas

Amaro has Aaron Hernandez or Dallas Clark like potential but he really struggles to make catches in traffic