Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    The agent works FOR James. If James wanted to sign that offer HE would have.
    What an asinine comment. You don't think that these guys get, and rely on, advice from their agents?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe parise told james to take the deal, but james thought he could get more on the open market.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers most likely will wait until after the draft b4 they entertain an offer to Harrison.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Guys, we all loved JH and contract aside now, I really don't see the Steelers calling his agent. They are going with Jason Worlids now and look for another OLB in the draft. I don't blame the Steelers or James trying to get the best contact he could get eleswhere, they tried and it didn't work out.

It's Worlids time now, we seen flashes of his ability to pressure the QB with 5 sacks on a limited basis, maybe with a full season under his belt those 5 become 10 or better. He's on his last year of his rookie contract and I'm sure he wants to be the best he can be for the Steelers and his future, so he's the next man up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I believe parise told james to take the deal, but james thought he could get more on the open market.
    Really. Why would you think that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    A healthy James Harrison would still be the best medicine for this roster. I don't like what he did either but I understand it. Many of you are criticizing Harrison for his pride, but at the same time, some of you are too arrogant as well to want him back on the team for what he did. I'm like, "Welcome Back, James" what took you so long... There's your #92 right over there by your locker. Now let's get ready to bitch-slap somebody".
    Is a "healthy James Harrison possible?" That is the question
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Is a "healthy James Harrison possible?" That is the question
    Is a healthy Jason Worilds possible? A healthy LaMarr Woodley?

What about Troy Polamalu? Emmanuel Sanders? Maurkice Pouncey? Even Ben Roethlisberger?
    Not trying to be an ar$$e, but it seems like they've all had their injury issues...

Legend

User Info Menu

You're all nuts if you don't want him back. He's a wrecking ball.

Sign him for what his cap hit is. That way he's back and we have no risk.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Really. Why would you think that?
    harrison strikes me as the kind of guy who would be insulted by being asked to take a paycut after what he has put into it. Numerous times he has been called the hardest worker on the team by his coaches and to then be asked to take less money might have pissed him off. He may have thought he would get more from somebody else.

pure speculation on my part, but it makes just as much sense as believing his agent told him to turn down the steelers offer. Who would have a better sense of the market, james or parise?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    You're all nuts if you don't want him back. He's a wrecking ball.

Sign him for what his cap hit is. That way he's back and we have no risk.
    That's the point: He wasn't a wrecking ball last year. Anyone who focused on him (which I do, because he was such a great player), saw a guy who was a full step late to the play, who could no longer dip his shoulder nor walk the Tackle back into the QB... granted, his stats slightly upticked toward the end of the season (which might take as playing into shape)... But it's a gamble to make that assumption.