Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cody Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Cody Wallace

He played a very good game vs the Packers. If he can turn in another good performance against the Browns I'd like to re-sign him cheaply as possible . We may have one of the best lines next year if we can keep guys healthy and on the team. Any thoughts?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

For a dude who never started a game before this season, he's alright by me...

I don't even mind the t'ain't grabbing incident...he was scrapping for a fumble...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he's been solid. Hopefully they will sign him.

Seeing this O-line come together in recent weeks, I think it's obvious that the 2014 Draft should be "D" heavy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I think he's been solid. Hopefully they will sign him.

Seeing this O-line come together in recent weeks, I think it's obvious that the 2014 Draft should be "D" heavy.
    If we go "D" heavy in this next draft then be prepared to be talking about the failures of the offense again next year and prepare for a mediocre .500 record. This offense is far from a complete product especially when you consider that the Off Line is still mediocre at best, we could be losing Sanders and Cotchery, Heath is fading, etc. We still need a Left Tackle, a very good TE who could step in for Heath and another good WR. The offense is showing signs of growth and we don't want to stunt that growth by not continuing to "water the flower" which is what we need to do to move it to the elite level.

We need to go into this next draft with a balance betwen offense and defense. Selling out and going "heavy on D" won't help because those players won't see the field in 2014 or maybe even in 2015. Even with the "tease" of JJ and "Shark" getting playing time early this year, as the season went on LeBeau reverted back to form and we hardly see these guys on the field unless injuries force it to happen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If we go "D" heavy in this next draft then be prepared to be talking about the failures of the offense again next year and prepare for a mediocre .500 record. This offense is far from a complete product especially when you consider that the Off Line is still mediocre at best, we could be losing Sanders and Cotchery, Heath is fading, etc. We still need a Left Tackle, a very good TE who could step in for Heath and another good WR. The offense is showing signs of growth and we don't want to stunt that growth by not continuing to "water the flower" which is what we need to do to move it to the elite level.

We need to go into this next draft with a balance betwen offense and defense. Selling out and going "heavy on D" won't help because those players won't see the field in 2014 or maybe even in 2015. Even with the "tease" of JJ and "Shark" getting playing time early this year, as the season went on LeBeau reverted back to form and we hardly see these guys on the field unless injuries force it to happen.
    I think there will be guys drafted in the first few rounds next year that will have the potential of playing immediately...
    when you consider half of the defense could be lost to cuts, free agency, etc..
    Depending on the FO moves in the off season... a solid O line could be put together with guys who are currently on the roster. It seems keeping Haley around has become a more popular idea down the stretch. He was brought in to protect Ben, so let's see if he can continue to do it. We don't need a pro bowl caliber line in this offense...but do we do need to "Re-tool" the defense if we are going to be contenders year in and year out.
    Assuming we finish 8-8.. those Franchise tackles will be off the board by the time we pick. May come down to Best Player Available because there are so many needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be fine going into next season with Wallace in the mix for the backup center job. He and Velasco, if healthy and re-signed, could provide nice depth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I dont think anything we do in this upcoming draft will have much, if any impact on the offense in 2014. I agree with big Ern that we need help on D, especially with the most likely losses of players on D.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the Play of Velasco and Wallace has brought to light just how ALL PRO Pouncey ISN'T.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

The C situation is intriguing especially with Pouncey's contract on the horizon.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I dont think anything we do in this upcoming draft will have much, if any impact on the offense in 2014. I agree with big Ern that we need help on D, especially with the most likely losses of players on D.
    Agreed... we need help in our secondary in the worst way especially at the FS and CB position.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.