Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Delusional Optimists Post Game Break Down

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    2) Heyward was playing very well last night. He is a guy who is starting to flash. Shoot, even Ziggy was playing with a little attitude last night.
    Don't say that. I heard the same thing in Hood's first of second year, when he basically lucked into a sack or two. Heyward (last night) looked like he did much the same thing. He didn't impress me last night. He certainly didn't create pile up at the LOS that wrecked CINs running game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I thought for the most part that a quarterback of Ben's caliber had enough time last night to make plays. The problem was Ben's accuracy was off for most of the night. Ben missed some easy throws for him, IMO.

Pappy
    This is, unfortunately, very true...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Don't say that. I heard the same thing in Hood's first of second year, when he basically lucked into a sack or two. Heyward (last night) looked like he did much the same thing. He didn't impress me last night. He certainly didn't create pile up at the LOS that wrecked CINs running game.
    He played on mostly passing downs...

Legend

User Info Menu

1) The coaching. I have been a Tomlin fan, and a Haley fan...but no longer. I watched Haley split out Redman in 5 wide instead of Wheaton. Wha? The fact that Tomlin allows this nonsense to go on...unbelieveable. I could go through a list of poor calls, but what use would that serve?
    Welcome aboard, we've been waiting for ya...

It's amazing to me that the only time they moved the ball was when they went to hurry up - and moved it well. End of 1st half, leading to score and end of game when trailing by 10 (although it resulted in a pick)... It's obvious that this team has the talent offensively, even with the bad line, BUT, Haley is a moron. I've argued that all offseason, despite "Ben's great start last year"... again, welcome aboard!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I thought for the most part that a quarterback of Ben's caliber had enough time last night to make plays. The problem was Ben's accuracy was off for most of the night. Ben missed some easy throws for him, IMO.

Pappy
    I wondered if he and the WRs were reading different stuff - but, he did just flat out miss on a few... wasn't sure if was frustration, jitters/discomfort due to earlier pressure or simply just plain ole missing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I wondered if he and the WRs were reading different stuff - but, he did just flat out miss on a few... wasn't sure if was frustration, jitters/discomfort due to earlier pressure or simply just plain ole missing
    I don't think it was discomfort in the pocket and I only say that because I've never really see Ben get that rattled by pressure. There have been games where the pressure had an effect on him, but for the most part he doesn't get jittery over pressure. I'm going with frustration and an off night combination. He had to be wondering what was going on after the first three plays of the game. A third and 8 draw play after two failed running attempts, ole Todd caught them off guard with that call.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

1) The coaching. I have been a Tomlin fan, and a Haley fan...but no longer. I watched Haley split out Redman in 5 wide instead of Wheaton. Wha? The fact that Tomlin allows this nonsense to go on...unbelieveable. I could go through a list of poor calls, but what use would that serve?
    I believe it's because Tomlin isn't a very good coach. He walked into a solid, strong team and got lucky. Now that he's on his own, where are the results?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    I believe it's because Tomlin isn't a very good coach. He walked into a solid, strong team and got lucky. Now that he's on his own, where are the results?
    A solid, strong 8-8 team...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    A solid, strong 8-8 team...
    But one that had double-digit wins in four of the previous five years and won the Super Bowl the year prior.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    But one that had double-digit wins in four of the previous five years and won the Super Bowl the year prior.
    Before last year, Tomlin had double digit wins in 4 of five years and two SB appearances (one win)...

Just as Tomlin's previous record means precisely nothing (He's never coached an 0-2 team before) Cowher's previous record means the same...

In 2002, the Steelers rallied from 0-2 to make the playoffs...once players start coming back from injury and new starters get acclimated, we'll see what happens...