Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben's youth football camp

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben's youth football camp

Brought my son to Ben's youth football camp last week. Was a great time for both of us. Ben was hobbling around (a bit) on his bandaged knee. Most of the time he was riding a bike. But he did throw a pass to every single camper - 508 kids total! We also met Ben's dad, Ken. Didn't meet but saw Ben's mom, his wife and Ben Jr.'s feet hanging out of his stroller. Coach Tomlin was there on Day 2. He gave a speech to the campers. Was very cool. Ben and Coach were really awesome with the kids, as well as with the parents. Made me even prouder to be a Steeler fan.

Wasn't sure what to expect as far as actual football training. I was pleasantly surprised. Over 50 coaches were there and Armpit Jr. picked up a ton of football knowledge. I highly recommend it for any of you with young children interested in football.

Camp was Monday and Tuesday. We started the weekend (Father's Day) by going to the Pirates vs Dodgers game. Rain delay, but after that it was awesome. All in all, it was a great time. Best was spending it with my son. Definitely the coolest guy I know!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Brought my son to Ben's youth football camp last week. Was a great time for both of us. Ben was hobbling around (a bit) on his bandaged knee. Most of the time he was riding a bike. But he did throw a pass to every single camper - 508 kids total! We also met Ben's dad, Ken. Didn't meet but saw Ben's mom, his wife and Ben Jr.'s feet hanging out of his stroller. Coach Tomlin was there on Day 2. He gave a speech to the campers. Was very cool. Ben and Coach were really awesome with the kids, as well as with the parents. Made me even prouder to be a Steeler fan.

Wasn't sure what to expect as far as actual football training. I was pleasantly surprised. Over 50 coaches were there and Armpit Jr. picked up a ton of football knowledge. I highly recommend it for any of you with young children interested in football.

Camp was Monday and Tuesday. We started the weekend (Father's Day) by going to the Pirates vs Dodgers game. Rain delay, but after that it was awesome. All in all, it was a great time. Best was spending it with my son. Definitely the coolest guy I know!
    Good to hear how great the camp is, but even better to hear that you are having, and enjoying, quality time with your son. Very cool.

Legend

User Info Menu

Should I be the first to post this comment:

"What a drama queen"

Okay, I will be.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How much did you pay for the camp? Sounds like a pretty fun, personalized experience, which is something that I sometimes feel goes by the wayside for these big name camps.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Was $199 but I got $20 off by using some code. Two days, 3 -1/2 hours per day. He got a t-shirt, camp photo with Ben and a bag of "goodies". It was definitely fun and personalized. I wasn't sure what to expect. But like I said, I was pleasantly surprised at how much Ben made himself available to the campers and at the level of instruction my son received.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    How much did you pay for the camp? Sounds like a pretty fun, personalized experience, which is something that I sometimes feel goes by the wayside for these big name camps.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks. Nothing more important to me than him.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Good to hear how great the camp is, but even better to hear that you are having, and enjoying, quality time with your son. Very cool.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, total drama queen!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Should I be the first to post this comment:

"What a drama queen"

Okay, I will be.....

Legend

User Info Menu

What a great time to be able to spend with your son.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    What a great time to be able to spend with your son.

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad to hear y'all had a good time.