Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A different week same story.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A different week same story.

No threat to go down field and a steady dose of runs and screens that don't work. Nice job Haley. I hate to say it but bring back Bruce.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    No threat to go down field and a steady dose of runs and screens that don't work. Nice job Haley. I hate to say it but bring back Bruce.
    we're obviously going 0-16 this season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is pathetic. We my as well of traded Ben and start Gradkowski if our offense is going to throw no longer than 10 yards downfield, that being our homerun ball, and run screens that we haven't been able to run in 15 years. How Gilbert is the starting RT protecting a 2 time Superbowl winning QB is beyond me. Should be Starks and Adams at RT.

mark it down, Beachum will be starting at RT before the break.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Umm, its preseason.
    "....great films, with plots! Where you cared about whose ass it was, and why it was farting!"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/235511.jpg

Rookie

User Info Menu

It might be preseason, but William Gay is in mid-season form as he got juked out of his jock by Hankerson for an EASY touchdown. Preseason or not, there have been three turnovers, a slew of penalties and the Steelers look like absolute s**t. Tomlin needs to go. This is embarrassing.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is pathetic. We my as well of traded Ben and start Gradkowski if our offense is going to throw no longer than 10 yards downfield, that being our homerun ball, and run screens that we haven't been able to run in 15 years.
    Gradkowski WILL be our starter if Ben gets hurt throwing slow developing passes just to make an impression in a meaningless game.
    Remember the purpose here. You are just warming up your guaranteed starters.

What does Ben throwing deep to Brown achieve?

Conversely, either Dwyer or Batch will not make this team. THEY are being evaluated with the first team. Still working out the bugs with the zone blocking. Combine that fact with a desire to keep Ben clean and the play calling makes perfect sense. Lots of runs and screens to RBs.

How Gilbert is the starting RT protecting a 2 time Superbowl winning QB is beyond me. Should be Starks and Adams at RT.
    Agreed. The dumbest move we made was letting Max go. But we might think about that fact before calling for more deep passing in a meaningless preseason game.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    IPreseason or not, there have been three turnovers, a slew of penalties
    THIS is a legit concern. I do not care about playcalling as they are calling plays to make evaluations, not to win at all cost.
    However the mental mistakes are indeed troubling.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Starter

User Info Menu

Preseason or not, there is very little.positive so far. O line looks awful. Offense looks awful. Dwyer might of been the lone bright spot. Then he ruined it.

Legend

User Info Menu

To show my point with Gradkowski notice the complete change in playcalling?
    ONE first down rush by a running back in with Grad in the game during the second quarter. Way more attention to the receivers. Why?

Does this mean they plan to call games that way? No.
    Do they trust Grad more than they do Ben?

Answer: Not nearly as worried about the backup QB and he NEEDS the work with this team in a game setting.

Dont worry about the playcalling

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't even know what to say other than our OTs are awful...