Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if the Steelers lose on Sunday....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So if the Steelers lose on Sunday....

..anyone down for trading Mike Wallace to a desperate NY Jets team? Now that Santonio is out for the rest of the year Steelers might catch the Jets over-paying for Wallace. A 1 and a 2? A 1 and a 3? I am a huge Wallace fan but I am an even bigger Steeler fan and want always what is best for the Steelers. How how I would love to get Manti T'eo and another big play maker on defense. This move could go a long ways to making the Steelers a dominating defense again. And real soon too.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't see the Jets giving up anything close to that to get Wallace. Their season was heading south,even more so than the Steelers. They lost Revis and now Holmes,Sanchez sucks and Tebow is no answer.That's a team that needs their draft picks to rebuild. Even if they got Wallace the Jets are not a playoff team.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..anyone down for trading Mike Wallace to a desperate NY Jets team? Now that Santonio is out for the rest of the year Steelers might catch the Jets over-paying for Wallace. A 1 and a 2? A 1 and a 3? I am a huge Wallace fan but I am an even bigger Steeler fan and want always what is best for the Steelers. How how I would love to get Manti T'eo and another big play maker on defense. This move could go a long ways to making the Steelers a dominating defense again. And real soon too.
    Just give me the Jets 1st rounder and I call it a done deal.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

i was all for trading him before the jets miseries.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Jets suck so bad they aren't going to give up a #1 because they can't save this season even if they add Wallace. They aren't even sure they have a QB who could get him the ball.

Howver if anyone offers a #1 and #2 for Wallace I'm taking it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd get their 1st round pick now before Rex Ryan realizes that it's a top 10 pick
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

First of all, they would also have to sign him to a long deal; why would they trade for a player in his final year of his contract? That being said, they won't do it any way; no sense in sending good $ after bad. He wouldn't be able to save their season, or even come close to it. Let's not forget, even the Steelers beat that Jets team when they still had Holmes. And it's the only game Pgh has won, not even able to beat the Raiders.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'd get their 1st round pick now before Rex Ryan realizes that it's a top 10 pick
    I suspect he knows already...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jets are currently 2-2. They aren't 0-4. And Ryan still thinks his team is good. Listen to his press conferences. He is a man know to not have a clue of reality. And any team thinking bring in Tim Tebow is a good idea is pretty much clueless. Which brings me to the words of Mr. Lloyd Christmas...."so you're saying there's a chance?"
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Why not ask them for Revis if you're giving up on this season anyway?