Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Victorian

Administrator

User Info Menu

Victorian

I didn't see a thread on this so here we go...

What did you guys think of Josh Victorian?

Yes, he got beat to the endzone as did Keenan Lewis in a similar fashion and he was visibly upset at himself. It's like he knew he got caught peaking into the backfield and he recognized it but it was too late.

He replaced Curtis Brown who had every opportunity to step up this game and failed miserably.

Victorian still shows very good closing speed IMO and will attack the ball. It's a tone he set in preseason.

All in all, he may not be much of anything.. it's too early to tell. I think he shows good "potential" (i hate that word). To put a positive spin on things, he got thrown into action for the first time after being on the PS all year and gained some gameday experience.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like him. He seems to be a good athlete and has good instincts. Time will prove out his worth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I didn't see a thread on this so here we go...

What did you guys think of Josh Victorian?

Yes, he got beat to the endzone as did Keenan Lewis in a similar fashion and he was visibly upset at himself. It's like he knew he got caught peaking into the backfield and he recognized it but it was too late.

He replaced Curtis Brown who had every opportunity to step up this game and failed miserably.

Victorian still shows very good closing speed IMO and will attack the ball. It's a tone he set in preseason.

All in all, he may not be much of anything.. it's too early to tell. I think he shows good "potential" (i hate that word). At the end of the day
    Brown had a bad game but it was the first I recall. His previous action has looked good.

Way too early for Victorian to know anything.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Victorian's looks like he has good speed as Brown looks like he's struggling to get outta 2nd gear.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Victorian's looks like he has good speed as Brown looks like he's struggling to get outta 2nd gear.
    If anything, I think Brown was playing too fast yesterday and over committing. His speed isn't an issue, playing under control was an issue yesterday for him. Way too aggressive.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown looked almost as bad yesterday as he did in the preseason, when he was torched routinely. I didn't key on Victorian, but as steelz09 pointed out, he did show good instincts and closing speed in the preseason.

I was suprised that Victorian played over Van Dyke, since Van Dyke has been on the active roster longer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Brown had a bad game but it was the first I recall. His previous action has looked good.

Way too early for Victorian to know anything.
    I recall Brown having a poor showing or two last season as well. It takes time, and Brown is no exception. I do think he will pan out...he has the tools to be a good one.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was disappointed brown was pulled.

you have to let him stay out there and take some lumps if he is going to improve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone notice on the TD pass Brown gave up by trying to jump the route, when Brown turned to run, he took some really weird choppy steps like he either just crapped his pants or was running in slow motion in a dream.

I remember being bummed when we drafted Brown thinking I wanted us to take Allen instead. I figured Brown could be a Deshea Townsend one day and Allen could be Ike with ball skills.

I thought Brown was a decent cover guy in college, but he seems to struggle with it now. I was worried Allen would struggle with the transition and he hasn't.

I thought Lewis was garbage and he's not. Sometimes I'm so far off on a guy, but I woulda benched Brown yesterday. But then again I get Tomlin brain in the heat of the moment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure anyone could defend that pass in the endzone... he high pointed the ball and made a great catch.