Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Like it or not guys, Big Ben is our QB for the duration of his contract. He has renegotiated his contract a couple times and to send him packing ( if that's your pleasure) would necessarily break the Rooney 'piggy' right in half. IMO Ben has never been the classic NFL read & react QB. He's gotten accustomed to the schoolyard "wait till they are open" style and at this stage in his career he's not gunna change. What we need is an OC that can take his style of play and make it productive, not make Ben into something he's never gunna be.

I just read an article that was of the opinion that the Rooney's might have been better off to get rid of Tomlin, keep The Bruce as HC and Ben wouldn't have had to go through the turmoil of losing his "binky". In any case, Ben needs to get squared away pretty soon before they figure out how to get around his financial shackles and go in a direction that gets them their bang for the buck.
    ROOKIE ??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Make a busted play work? Yes, Ben has made a career of that. However, you cannot consistently beat an NFL defense by getting off a lucky play. Thats why he is highly inconsistent. If anyone thinks that a backyard ball can consistently beat a comprehensive NFL scheme then they are fooling themselves. Why do you think Roethlisberger,Vick and Tebow are so inconsistent? Convesely, why do you think Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers are so Consistent? For a reason.

When is the last time Ben was cluth for the Steelers???? Old Ben, you mean 2005 Ben? THAT WAS LOOOOONG AGO BRO
    We both know Ben is known for being clutch not just by Steeler fans...in many games since 2005. I don't feel like doing research.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Just wanna know WHY Ben is the only Steeler to get this loyalty. Can someone explain? Somehow I dont think that Byron Leftwich would be getting the same loyalty with 20 tds and 17 ints in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic actually
    Quote yourself once...I call it a fluke. Quote yourself twice and I begin to worry about you lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We both know Ben is known for being clutch not just by Steeler fans...in many games since 2005. I don't feel like doing research.
    You don't need to, his record since coming back last year is 2-8. Not exactly 'clutch' and it was 2005 a looong time ago.
    ROOKIE ??

Rookie

User Info Menu

And we see how these conversations degenerate into nonsense. Who knows if this is Crash, or another poster. Hard to tell with all the trolling going on. But, when I see quality posters engage with immaturity it becomes clear what the real problem is...and that is our ability to handle disagreement with a little class.
    Oh, please...

Certain conversations degenerate into nonsense long before any quality posters engage with immaturity...

If you want to see disagreements handled with class, some posters should learn how to present a disagreement with class...many posters do so all the time...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh, please...

Certain conversations degenerate into nonsense long before any quality posters engage with immaturity...

If you want to see disagreements handled with class, some posters should learn how to present a disagreement with class...many posters do so all the time...
    Slap, you are better than that. I won't even debate the points above.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Slap, you are better than that. I won't even debate the points above.
    No need to debate, amigo...

I'm not the one you have to worry about being better than that...

Legend

User Info Menu

Listen, I'm not pointing anyone out. All I am saying is I don't want to hear whining about specific posters when we have quality guys engaging in the nonsense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Listen, I'm not pointing anyone out. All I am saying is I don't want to hear whining about specific posters when we have quality guys engaging in the nonsense.
    Who is whining?

I'd much rather be better than them at their own trollish games...I didn't choose the name "Slapstick" because I take this stuff too seriously...

IMO, the trolls being the nonsense with them...to paraphrase, "Don't bring none, won't be none."

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure why there's 16 pages of Big Ben arguments and I'm not reading it, but I will say Ben is a great QB, especially for this team, and we really need him right now. Our problems are deep and it starts at the top with their decision to borrow against future years salary caps. It caught up boys, plain and simple. Now, we must pay.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S