Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams Sets Sights higher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If people didn't think Adams could be special, he wouldn't have been one of the 5 best OTs in his draft...

LOTS of people, including the Steelers, saw something...
    Don't forget the Steelers once said they had a 1st round grade on Essex.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You mean, you didn't?

Legend

User Info Menu

You can have all the talent in the world. You can be built like a beast. You can be rated consensus #1. You can show bursts of elite ability. But, if you are immature, lazy, and lack passion and/or a mean streak...you are destined for mediocrity in the NFL.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And Jeremy Staat was said to be like drafting another first round talent. Turns out he was a better grunt that he was a football player. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Staat[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If people didn't think Adams could be special, he wouldn't have been one of the 5 best OTs in his draft...

LOTS of people, including the Steelers, saw something...
    "Seeing something" and a buck will buy you a coffee (but not at Starbucks). Plenty of first round picks, which most everyone "saw something" end up as busts. Adams lacks a fire in the belly. And that isn't taught. That being said, so does Starks, who ended up being a pretty good LT. He's not elite, but he is not a problem either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams lacks a fire in the belly.
    Lloyd, I was wondering how you know this?
    How can you tell by watching a guy play a few games on TV, specifically Adams?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Adams will be the starting tackle on either side for the next ten years, our O-line is going to better than what fans project them to be and the team will be better too, especially the offense.

If I was Steeler player, I couldn't wait for camp and the regular season especially, so I could rip someones head off.
    There should be plenty of motivation for this team in 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

Despite the boneheadedness of the Combine drug test, it showed a bit of courage, humility & yes- desire (or fire in the belly, if you like), to head over to the Steelers & admit his mistakes, plead for a chance, and then hit all the targets set by the Steelers, even though he was given no guarentee he'd get picked regardless.

He might be dumb, he might be over rated, he might never succeed- but to say he lacks the 'want' is to overlook what he did when faced with adversity.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman, you know I like a feel good story of courage and triumph. But, lets not make tail tucking after one more bone headed move an act of courage. He owned an act everyone already knew about to save millions of dollars. Take tattoo gate, numerous reports about lack of desire on the field and in the weight room (which was on display during the combine), getting abused by Kerrigan, Clayborn, and topping it all off with inconsistent career play and ganja smoking before the combine. It pains me that he is on this Steelers team.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Chadman, you know I like a feel good story of courage and triumph. But, lets not make tail tucking after one more bone headed move an act of courage. He owned an act everyone already knew about to save millions of dollars. Take tattoo gate, numerous reports about lack of desire on the field and in the weight room (which was on display during the combine), getting abused by Kerrigan, Clayborn, and topping it all off with inconsistent career play and ganja smoking before the combine. It pains me that he is on this Steelers team.
    Don't know Shawn. Chadman thinks that the actual act of asking to meet, admitting his failure & taking on board the requirements set up for him the way he did deserves some respect. Does it forgive him?

Not at all.

But it shows that bit of desire that many seem to think he lacks.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE