Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Adams backers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I agree with Eddie. I am a big Mike Adams supporter...so to answer your question..I am right here.

Who ever thought Mike Adams would come right in as the number 56 overall pick in this draft and be ready to go right away isnt too bright. I'd be surprised if he is ready to start all season long. And I will still be glad the Steelers drafted him. I look at him more as the guy next season. He needs some work. But he has the potential to be really special.

Agree with you and "Pasta Boy." Adams will be a decent LT like Max Starks. Unlikely he will be a Pro Bowl player but he will be a solid starter. It just won't be this year. Give him a year to learn and get into an NFL conditioning program and he'll be a fine selection in Round 2.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree with you and "Pasta Boy." Adams will be a decent LT like Max Starks. Unlikely he will be a Pro Bowl player but he will be a solid starter. It just won't be this year. Give him a year to learn and get into an NFL conditioning program and he'll be a fine selection in Round 2.
    I see Gilbert as more of a Starks comparison. I could see Adams as more of a boom or bust. He seems to have the feet to play LT very well, but he obviously needs a lot of work. Starks never had the quick feet that you see from Adams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I see Gilbert as more of a Starks comparison. I could see Adams as more of a boom or bust. He seems to have the feet to play LT very well, but he obviously needs a lot of work. Starks never had the quick feet that you see from Adams.
    I haven't seen any quick feet from Adams yet. I've just seen them planted in one place as opponents ran around him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't seen any quick feet from Adams yet. I've just seen them planted in one place as opponents ran around him.
    Fair enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Well what the hell do they know about drafting?
    As if they haven't made second round blunders...ie Worilds. They are smoking the same crack pipe the Buckeyes were when they recruited him out of HS. He has never been consistent...not ever in his career. People get so caught up in his "flashes" and "potential", that they forget to play all the tape on him. If you do you will see him struggling with speed rushers at the college level. You will see him Kemo a guy on one play...just leveling him...then whiff and give up a sack on the next. I put together some clips in another post showing his inconsistency. He is all potential that has never materialized. So, being high on a guy like that in the second is IMO showing poor judgment. Guess we will see how it plays out, but I'm not holding my breath on this guy. I hope I'm wrong.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Adams is more of an Essex. Both have good feet and look like they should be able to play LT. I think Adams is bigger and stronger and could be fine once Colon helps solidify the left side of the line. But for now, Adams looks like and is kinda playing like Essex.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    As if they haven't made second round blunders...ie Worilds. They are smoking the same crack pipe the Buckeyes were when they recruited him out of HS. He has never been consistent...not ever in his career. People get so caught up in his "flashes" and "potential", that they forget to play all the tape on him. If you do you will see him struggling with speed rushers at the college level. You will see him Kemo a guy on one play...just leveling him...then whiff and give up a sack on the next. I put together some clips in another post showing his inconsistency. He is all potential that has never materialized. So, being high on a guy like that in the second is IMO showing poor judgment. Guess we will see how it plays out, but I'm not holding my breath on this guy. I hope I'm wrong.
    I think getting a guy with his potential in Round 2 was a steal. It is now up to the coaches to make him a Pro. I never expected him to be ready to start this season.

He has generally been very solid in the run and struggled against the pass. That is not unexpected given that he is a rookie playing one of the toughest positions in the NFL. I believe this will turn out to be a very good pick in another year or two.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know we still have to give Adams some time at this point. But another guy I wasn't impressed with last game was Heyward. Wonder if we've overvalued OSU players?

A lot of OSU players are in the league. But how many are really great players? Just a handful.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think getting a guy with his potential in Round 2 was a steal. It is now up to the coaches to make him a Pro. I never expected him to be ready to start this season.

He has generally been very solid in the run and struggled against the pass. That is not unexpected given that he is a rookie playing one of the toughest positions in the NFL. I believe this will turn out to be a very good pick in another year or two.
    It's merely an extention of his college career. He was always able to run block. He couldn't pass block consistently at the college level, so I know he can't at the NFL level...certainly not without much coaching up. I suppose I'm more skeptical than most because I suffered through his college career waiting for all that potential to bloom. Just never happened.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am still here and he will still be fine. This board has gotten boring so I haven't been posting as much. Check in about once every two weeks or so now.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!