Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ben said his arm strength led to INT's against Dallas and Cincy

Legend

User Info Menu

i havent been able to get the sunday package the last 2 years (not available). and i hate it cause of the stuff i miss watching at a bar.

not just any bar, but a steelers bar where the audio is on for the game and the number of tv sets tuned into the steeler game is 75%...and i still miss things

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly anytime Ben is out with an injury and misses multiple games we usually see rust in his games early on, now when you add an injury that isn't healed its a bad combination.
    We need a healthy Ben, the one that was leading th league in third down attempts before the injuries. We can discuss everything about his play but injuries usually come to the forefront when he's off.

Think about this for a minute, since unibrow been QB of the Ravens how many games did he miss compared to Ben. I would say Ben missed more games last season than Flacco missed in his entire NFL career. I don't recall Andy Dalton missing games either so when your starting QB misses that many games it is bound to affect the team.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and an NFL game only has 12.5 minutes of actual "live action"

so it's not that hard to see what happens in multiple games in you are seated in a bar where the Steeler game is on the big screen and other games are within a quick glance.

You may not see EVERTHING... but who really see's everything by watching on TV?
    Stop it! You are making to much sense.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If I remember correctly anytime Ben is out with an injury and misses multiple games we usually see rust in his games early on, now when you add an injury that isn't healed its a bad combination.
    We need a healthy Ben, the one that was leading th league in third down attempts before the injuries. We can discuss everything about his play but injuries usually come to the forefront when he's off.

Think about this for a minute, since unibrow been QB of the Ravens how many games did he miss compared to Ben. I would say Ben missed more games last season than Flacco missed in his entire NFL career. I don't recall Andy Dalton missing games either so when your starting QB misses that many games it is bound to affect the team.
    And Ben got hurt because because he held onto the ball to long against the Chiefs.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    its chit like this that makes some these "steeler fans" laughable

really, not standing next to haley? lol. what about the 100 other times they were together.

then you can point to tom brady who (im guessing) everyone thinks is a great leader. then bring up when he tore into his OC on the bench and they'll just try to shrug it off
    You guys are thinking to black & white. No one is saying 100% of the time. To say that Ben didn't have a serious problem with Haley is laughable. You obviously don't pay attention to the games closely regardless of being in a bar or being at home.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And Ben got hurt because because he held onto the ball to long against the Chiefs.
    No Ben got hurt because the play call was stupid.

Heath Miller in the backfield again, Redman blocking in the backfield. So no RB checkdown either.

3rd and 4 and we call a slow developing play to Heath while lined up in shotgun with Ben.

Simply brilliant call there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You just don't get it do you? It's not a 'hate' Ben agenda. It's a 'hate' Tomlin agenda. It's not a hate Wallace or Mendenhall 'agenda'. It's humorous that people thinking your a "hater" because you critique a certain player, coach, etc. We aren't that good of a team and it showed last year. There is a lot to critique. Trust me. You can keep the Steelers blinders on and think "all is good" if you want..

Ben is one of our best players if not THE best. If he's hurt, we have no chance at a SB just like most franchises when they lose their franchise QB. With that being said, Ben doesn't do himself many favors on several fronts and I critique him on those fronts because I wish he'd improve them because it would make himself a better player and the Steelers a better team.

As far as those stats go....If there was a stat captured for these specific sacks, then obviously I could get it. Obviously, there isn't one so .... it's pointless to say "provide me stats". If you don't believe me then that's fine, I could care less to be honest. It's moronic to even ask for something that you and I know damn well it's impossible to show. I just suggest you watch the games very closely. DVR them and re-watch if you have to.

Yes, historically Ben gets sacked way more than what he should because he holds onto the ball to long. Last year was a bit of a exception. Why? Because Arians offense is gone and Haley's offense focused on Ben getting the ball out quicker. That's no secret. I don't know if you watch the games with a lot of die hard non-Steelers fans but I do. I watch just about every game on every Sunday including the Steelers. Talking with some of these die hard 'other fans' is a good perspective to get because you get the non Steelers "homer" perspective. One of those non-Steelers perspectives has been that Ben holds onto the ball to long. You don't need to be a genius to figure that one out. It's been a known fact. Last year was an improvement in that regard.
    First of all i don't need to build an opinion based on any damn non Steelers fan...every fan is nothing but an armchair QB and all they see with there beer googles is QB on TV frame during the game. They don't see the entire field. They don't know anything about where the play broke. They might not watch Steelers 16 times in a season at all.

The reason i asked stat was all you are saying is based on perception and not facts. Does Ben takes sack on 2nd down?? Absolutely.Does Ben gets sacked when in FG range?? Absolutely.. Does he do that in all the games??? Hell No. You see Ben doing that in one or two games and you think its the norm. Every QB makes bone-headed or WTF plays. As long as there frequency is low who cares. You can't eliminate those plays. As long as they are kept in check i don't see any issues.

I maybe in minority but i think Steelers team was good last season. If they could have made one or two plays more they would have made play-offs. 8-8 is not a bad season. I guess i am a blind homer Steelers fan..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    No Ben got hurt because the play call was stupid.

Heath Miller in the backfield again, Redman blocking in the backfield. So no RB checkdown either.

3rd and 4 and we call a slow developing play to Heath while lined up in shotgun with Ben.

Simply brilliant call there.
    You know the drill here....Haley can never call a bad play. O-line can never make a mistake. WR can never run a wrong route..All sacks are Ben's fault.

Its all Ben's fault even though Ben saved haley's arse by playing exceptionally well on 3rd down during the start of the season.

NFL players came out saying they knew what Haley was going to call or his tendency..but what the hell players know?? Non-Steelers fan watching games on TV know more about the game than players playing it.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To say that Ben didn't have a serious problem with Haley is laughable.
    And what was the issue Ben had with Haley???

Ben said WR were young and it will be difficult for them to learn the new system. Guess what?? Ben was right. Young Dumb Crew took a step backwards. Blame Ben for it. Goes with the agenda.

Ben said we should have thrown more to Heath during Dallas game?? Whats wrong with that?? In the end he apologised for it but you call that serious problem???

Just because Ben does not play golf with haley does not make it a serious problem. Serious problem is with the media. Reading between the lines create serious problems.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think Ben is the leader most of us wish he was.

The moaning about Haley was not something a leader should have done... or at least not for as long as what he did.

Even during the games, he wanted nothing to do with Haley. You could tell with his body language and he would walk away and avoid him during a timeout instead of consulting with his OC like he did with Arians. That is flat out childish and obviously problematic. It could impact the offenses success and probably did hinder it. Sorry to the John Clayton's of this message board, there isn't stats available on this....

Also, I think it was the denver game where the sound crew caught Ben saying something along the lines of "not that f****** s*** " right now to Haley after he called the play.

For as well as what Ben was playing earlier in the season, I was extremely disappointed in his leadership & professionalism in regards to the Haley situation.
    Honestly I pay no attention to Ben and Haley on the sideline unless they are on the TV. Are you saying you are at all the games and watch this dynamic occur all season? If it does happen it sounds stupidly childish. I am not sure I buy it. That's like insubordination, etc. I figure they handle themselves professionally. If they don't that IS a problem, but I can't see how anyone can watch them enough to get the gist of things unless you are at all 8-16 games and in person.