Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to play in Ireland?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamForest_UK View Post
    It might suck for some of you guys! But for obvious reasons I'd love this to happen .....just a short boat trip! Croke Park has an amazing atmosphere when full. But I do concur with the above opinions, it does make no sense!
    Have you seen any of the other NFL games played in England?

Legend

User Info Menu

OTA's are voluntary. They have ONE 3 day mandatory mini-camp before training camp.

You need training camp, because you have to hit a little before you play, but even the hitting at camp has been reduced under the new CBA. It's not like it was 20 years ago, or even 5 years ago.

Any good boss should be flexible with his employees. Especially those who make MILLIONS for him. If the players feel that not spending a week in Ireland improves their chances for success? Rooney should put his players needs first.

After the way Goodell has treated this team Rooney should wake up and not allow him to use it as a freaking show pony. Have some goddamn pride for once.
    Last edited by Crash; 06-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Yeah I've been to Wembley and to be fair the atmosphere was pretty good, in fact the whole set up (tailgate) gets better year on year, a multitude of different fans always turn up to the party. But I've never seen the Steelers YET ..... Croke Park holds the Irish Rugby Union matches and it's a cracking place to go, and the Irish are very hospitable, nuts. Having said all that It's still not the real thing .... I cannot wait to go Heinz Field!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Have some goddamn pride for once.
    Has it occurred to you that pride is exactly why Rooney is doing this?

Is it such a stretch that Dan Rooney, U.S. Ambassador to Ireland, Vice-Chairman of The American Ireland Fund, recipient of an honorary Commander of the British Empire award for, in the words of Queen Elizabeth, his “exceptional contribution to peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland,” may wanthis team to play in Ireland?

As a group, the NFL owners agreed to the international series and even extended the original resolution to 2016...the good of the league has always been at the forefront of Dan Rooney's thinking...why should the Steelers not take advantage of this opportunity while they are still able?

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers players gain next to nothing for this. All it would do is stroke Rooney's ego.

After the way Goodell has treated this team? If I were Rooney I would do NOTHING to aid this league at all. The league isn't going to go under if we don't play in Ireland.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers players gain next to nothing for this.
    Except for the huge game check that each player receives, some larger than others, but all sizable...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except for the huge game check that each player receives, some larger than others, but all sizable...
    Does the pay increase for the player if they play in Ireland? If it doesn't that's a weak reach.

Don't be a shill all the time.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Does the pay increase for the player if they play in Ireland? If it doesn't that's a weak reach.

Don't be a shill all the time.
    Should the pay increase if they play in Ireland? Doesn't the team already take care of hotel and travel expenses?

If you stop complaining just to read your own posts, I'll stop being a shill...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Should the pay increase if they play in Ireland? Doesn't the team already take care of hotel and travel expenses?
    Traveling to Ireland is a tad different, than a bus ride to Cleveland.

If you polled the players, they wouldn't want to go.

If Rooney allows this team to be Goodell's sideshow for a week? He has no loyalty to his players and he's basically Goodell's man-servant. After everything Goodell has done to this team since he became commish? The last thing I would be doing is favors for "the shield".