Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Mike Wallace likely done in Pittsburgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Do you think it would be any different if WALLACE got the money he held out for???

Wallace has shown to me that he's not worth the money he is asking for.
    Yes to this. As I said, Wallace is showing he is worth Antonio Brown money not Vincent Jackson money.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

While this is labeled a "report" it is nothing more than a misinformed op-ed piece. The only source mentioned is a national guy, not a local guy. There is nothing to suggest that anyone brings any insight at all, only poor facts to wrap around his pre-conceived conclusion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger threw to 9 different receivers last week. Seems this offense can work quite nicely even minus one Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger threw to 9 different receivers last week. Seems this offense can work quite nicely even minus one Wallace.
    Just love what Haley is doing!!!

I'm sure Omar Kahn and the other front ofice negotiators love it too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Not necessarily a "report" but I agree with the overall statement that Wallace won't be back next year.

I'd rather take the 50 million and sign someone for our aging defense to be honest. Particularly a proven LB. ILB #1 on the list and OLB #2. I'd also sign Emmanuel Sanders and sign Cotchery again for depth reasons. That shouldn't take huge money by any means.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

One other thing...

I hear Dwayne Bowe is being shopped for a 3rd round pick.

Would you trade Wallace for Bowe now rather than get NOTHING for him next year?

Would you trade our 3rd rounder in this year's draft for Bowe?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    For the year, it's never been less than 8 differrnt guys in a game: 8 - 10 - 10 - 8 - 9 - 8 -9.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    One other thing...

I hear Dwayne Bowe is being shopped for a 3rd round pick.

Would you trade our 3rd rounder in this year's draft for Bowe?
    I'd much rather see another Ryan Clark or James Farrior like signing.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Not necessarily a "report" but I agree with the overall statement that Wallace won't be back next year.

I'd rather take the 50 million and sign someone for our aging defense to be honest. Particularly a proven LB. ILB #1 on the list and OLB #2. I'd also sign Emmanuel Sanders and sign Cotchery again for depth reasons. That shouldn't take huge money by any means.
    Don't forget that we are already like $30M over the cap for next year already. We will be in more of a cut mode than a sign mode. I think that is why they signed Brown to essentially have "a bird in the hand..."

We can tag Sanders and I do believe Cotchery signed a 2-year contract to come back.

Legend

User Info Menu

we would get a compensatory pick for Mike Wallace, most likely a 4th rounder...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha