Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dangle Pouncey as trade bait

There is a lot of talk out there about the Steelers letting Ziggy Hood walk. I hope we keep him and lose Pouncey.
    I'd be dancing in the street if we traded Pouncey to move up, and I think the Rams, with the #2 overall, would bite.

If we gave the Rams Pouncey and our #15 overall, we could get the #2 overall. Pouncey was a #1 and our #15th overall is a #1. I'd even throw in Woodley.
    That opens up possibilities like Manziel, Bridgewater, Clowney, and so on. If we got Bridgewater or Manziel, and let them sit behind Ben for 2 or 3 years, we would have our next franchise QB. Ben gets hurt, plug em in and see what they can do. Ben is in his 30's now, so its time to start looking for an opportunity to find his successor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardesthittinglbever View Post
    There is a lot of talk out there about the Steelers letting Ziggy Hood walk. I hope we keep him and lose Pouncey.
    I'd be dancing in the street if we traded Pouncey to move up, and I think the Rams, with the #2 overall, would bite.

If we gave the Rams Pouncey and our #15 overall, we could get the #2 overall. Pouncey was a #1 and our #15th overall is a #1. I'd even throw in Woodley.
    That opens up possibilities like Manziel, Bridgewater, Clowney, and so on. If we got Bridgewater or Manziel, and let them sit behind Ben for 2 or 3 years, we would have our next franchise QB. Ben gets hurt, plug em in and see what they can do. Ben is in his 30's now, so its time to start looking for an opportunity to find his successor.
    I would be open to trading Pouncey, but I'm not sure I would burn that pick on a QB. I think we are a year or two away from drafting Ben's successor, and that is assuming Landry Jones doesn't pan out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You want to pay the $100m salary of Ben and the signing bonus money for a QB picked #2 overall (and have that guy sit for two years)? Do I have that right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Implausible. First of all, Rams wouldn't give us the #2 over all for our 15 and Pouncey. No way. Secondly, there is no way we select a QB and still plan on keeping Ben for even 1 more year. We are clearly in the mode of trying to build around Ben and make another run with him. He probably has 5 more years in him, especially if he limits the hits he takes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Horrible idea...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardesthittinglbever View Post

Thanks for contributing. Now go back to Mars or whatever planet you came from.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would anyone at this point trade Pouncey for Martin from the phins?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Would anyone at this point trade Pouncey for Martin from the phins?
    jonathan martin?

is everyone on crazy pills?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This dude thinks this is Franchise Mode on EA Sports Madden 25.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And that is how the cleveland browns were built