Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foco's Mock

Starter

User Info Menu

Foco's Mock

Steelers trade 1-17 with Vikings for 1-23, 3-21, 5-22

1-17 = 950pts / 1-23, 3-21, 5-22 = 956pts

1 – DeAndre Hopkins – WR – Clemson -- 6-1/210
    - Hopkins shows the ability to get off the line quickly and is a very good route runner. He is able to plant his feet well and make crisp cuts, combine that with his head fakes he is able to freeze the defender long enough to give the QB a window to throw into. Hopkins has extremely strong hands and very good ball skills and his ability to catch the pass in traffic is terrific. Hopkins will grab the ball out of the air enabling him the opportunity to gain more yards after the catch as he shows excellent awareness on the field and tends to have already planned out where he is going to go with the football after he makes the grab. Hopkins is a physical and willing blocker, giving the ball carrier more space in the open field.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVWm9pNiXYY*[/URL]

2 – D.J. Swearinger – S – South Carolina -- 5-11/210
    - Swearinger has the size and strength to deliver big time hits that help separate the ball from the receiver. He consistently fills holes and wraps up nicely to make the sure tackle. Has the ability to play both near the line of scrimmage and drop back into coverage which shows his versatility. He uses his hands well to hold his ground and get off blocks. He shows good in space coordination and agility that make him affective to bring down ball carriers. He has the athletic ability to cover tight ends and running backs well in man coverage.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RtgFMV0Cs*[/URL]

3 – Chase Thomas – LB – Stanford -- 6-4/250
    - Thomas has the skills to produce rushing the passer, chasing down ball carriers and in pass coverage. Aggressive rushing the passer and with a variety of pass rush moves, Thomas has consistently displayed the ability to defeat the OT to pressure the QB. Once he defeats pass blocker he has an explosive closing burst to the QB. Naturally instinctive and technically sound, Thomas does an excellent job of carrying out his responsibility on every play. He does not get fooled by miss-direction/trick plays. On running plays away he consistently makes sure the play is going away and then crashes down the line to track down the play in pursuit. He consistently maintains outside contain responsibility on outside runs to his side of the field, is able to defeat blocker and makes tackle or forces play back inside so teammates can make the play. Unlike many productive pass rushers, Thomas is consistently productive playing off the ball in pass coverage.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB_SBMSiNdk*[/URL]

3 – Travis Kelce – TE – Cincinnati -- 6-5/255
    - Kelce is a solid route runner, shows quick stutter step and ability to come back to the ball. He has very good hands, will grab the ball from air instead of letting ball into body, which enables him to turn up the field more quickly. His ability to consistently gain yards running after contact makes him an even more valuable offensive weapon. Kelce gets off the line quickly and has solid playing strength to move smaller defenders off the LOS on run blocks. In pass protection he shows quick hands punching defender and turns his hips well to maintain his block. He bends his knees well and stays over feet well most of the time, which helps him to stay on and maintain blocks. .
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtYA0VQGBLM*[/URL]

4 – Joe Kruger – DE – Utah -- 6-7/285
    - At 6'6", 269 pounds, Kruger has great size and length—his arms measure in at 34.38" long. He has the frame to add weight and could probably even drop a few pounds if he was asked. As an athlete, Kruger is underrated. For his size, he can move reasonably well, and his Scouting Combine performance was impressive. Kruger plays with excellent natural strength, showing a strong punch and the ability to overpower offensive linemen. On run plays, Kruger does a great job of flowing to the ball, and he rarely surrenders ground. As either a run-defender or pass-rusher, Kruger can blow up linemen, pushing them into the backfield.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUc_waKMrU*[/URL]

5 – Reid Fragel – OT – Ohio State -- 6-7/300
    - Long and linear, Fragel is in good shape for a 300+ pounder, although he will need to add weight and improve his playing strength in time. A former tight end, Fragel's foot quickness and athleticism shows in his ability to get out of stance and slide out to corner in time to cut-off speed rusher. While he needs to be more consistent blocking with base, he has shown the flexibility to bend knees and sink hips to block (Both run and pass blocks) with good base/leverage when he focuses on technique. While he lacks the really long arms that NFL teams prefer in a tackle, he has long enough arms and shows the ability to get them on pass rusher quickly. His athleticism helps him to get through to the second level quickly and to stay over feet to maintain blocks on linebackers once there. He has the playing speed to pull and get outside to lead block effectively on outside runs. More than anything, Fragel's combination of height, size and athleticism makes him a very intriguing OT prospect.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDx7kQF2Pq4*[/URL]

5 – Micah Hyde – DB – Iowa -- 6/200
    - Smooth and fluid athletically, Hyde is able to flip hips and change directions easily out in space to adjust to receiver. At his best playing off the receiver where he can read the QB/Pass and close on ball to try and make a play. When he is in good coverage position as ball arrives he has the long arms and ball skills to make a play on the ball. With his height, long arms and athleticism he does a good job of covering possession type receivers in man coverage. He is willing to get hands on WR during route and knows how to use body to cut-off and shield WR from ball. Having played cornerback at Iowa, Hyde's experience lining up as an outside cornerback and slot cornerback gives him the versatility to come down from safety alignment to cover receivers and tight ends in different defensive packages.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuQRly4xnk*[/URL]

6 – Nik Embernate – OG – San Diego State -- 6-4/300
    - Embernate has good frame, could easily add fifteen pounds of muscle and it won’t slow him down. Shows good athleticism and good feet which stands out on every film I’ve watched of him. Has experience playing right tackle because of injury. Embernate is a mauler in the run-game. In zone schemes he shows the ability to get push at the point of attack and finish blocks and also shows the ability to come off on 2nd level defenders when he is zone combo blocking. Embernate is an outstanding puller that finishes defenders once engaged. Shows a nasty streak which you like to see. Very good in space, shows he can dip his hips and explode on a sitting defender in space or he can change directions and cut when a defender is moving in space. Delivers a solid punch in pass-protection and plays with overall violent hands! Shows he take away the inside in pass-protection and looks comfortable in his pass-demeanor. Does a good job working with the offensive tackle in passing off line games. And does a good job at pointing out potential blitz.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd4z903GKew*[/URL]

6 – Ray Graham – RB – Pittsburgh -- 5-9/200
    - The first thing that jumps out on film is Graham's ability to change direction without slowing down. He has great ability to make a defender miss and this cutback is lethal. Graham is still recovering from a torn ACL that he suffered in 2011, but his skill is still on display. He is a patient runner while waiting for his blocks to set up. He displays great acceleration, especially after he cuts the ball back. He has very good hands and can do it all as a running back. Graham is a player that is a nightmare in space, and as his knee gets stronger his ability to make defenders miss will get better. He does a very good job of covering the ball and has great ball security skills.
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPSjTJveuk*[/URL]

7 – Eric Martin – OLB – Nebraska -- 6-2/250
    - Martin was a core special teamer his first couple of seasons but after moving from linebacker to defensive end his junior year, he was able to break into the starting lineup by his fourth season. He made the most of it - racking up 8.5 sacks and a staggering 16.5 tackles for a loss in 2012. Martin was a fan favorite for his relentless and haphazard style of play - he was nicknamed 'Caveman' for what I can only assume to be a primal, instinctual and violent demeanor on the field. He's the kind of guy that hits you so hard that he hurts himself, but he gets up laughing about it. When you look up Eric Martin on YouTube the only three or four videos worth watching are highlights of him knocking out opposing players cold on kickoff returns, which I think is a fairly apt way to represent him as a prospect. I mean, seriously, in the video above, the dude just looks dead on his feet when Martin hits him (he didn't die).
    *[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goD1tx0ZRJs*[/URL]

Free Agents
    FA – Ryan Griffin – QB – Tulane -- 6-4/220
    FA – Justin Brown – WR – Oklahoma -- 6-3/210
    FA – Ray Polk – FS – Colorado -- 6/210
    FA – Sam Schwartzstein – C/G – Stanford -- 6-3/290
    FA – Nick Carlson – C/G – Wyoming -- 6-3/300
    FA – D.J. Harper – RB – Boise State -- 5-9/200
    FA – Terrence Stephens – NT – Stanford -- 6-2/305
    FA – Zach Boren – FB/LB Ohio State -- 5-11/230
    FA – Baker Steinkuhler – DL – Nebraska -- 6-5/300

\Could also trade with Atlanta for 1-30, 3rd, 5th and 2014 3rd and hope to get same players/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Except for Chase Thomas, that seems like a good draft. Very similar to what I have. Where do we get the extra 3rd though, did I miss something? We have very similar players but different rounds.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Best mock I have seen to date. Very well thought out. For me it would be a real tough choice between Hopkins and Patterson in Round 1. I don't think we go wrong with either or Eifert. I want a pass catcher in Round 1 and what "flavor" doesn't concern me as much as getting a good one.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Except for Chase Thomas, that seems like a good draft. Very similar to what I have. Where do we get the extra 3rd though, did I miss something? We have very similar players but different rounds.
    Extra 3rd comes from the trade. I had a tough time choosing between Chase Thomas and Sio Moore. I think Moore will go early 3rd before tje Steelers pick so I went with Thomas
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Travis Kelce is not on the Steelers board, rest assured.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Extra 3rd comes from the trade. I had a tough time choosing between Chase Thomas and Sio Moore. I think Moore will go early 3rd before tje Steelers pick so I went with Thomas
    Missed it at the top, my fault. The LBs are a tough call this year to mock, imagine the pressure on the FO who have to do it for real lol
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Travis Kelce is not on the Steelers board, rest assured.
    Because of his suspension in 2010? Or some other reason?
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Because of his suspension in 2010? Or some other reason?

Multiple scouts say he has major character concerns.

Legend

User Info Menu

First 2 picks from the State of South Carolina. Interesting