Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Mistake for the past 3 years...

Backup

User Info Menu

Biggest Mistake for the past 3 years...

In my opinion the biggest mistake for the Steelers in the past 3 years was letting Keenan Lewis leave the team via free agency. I believe he only signed 5 yr 25 million deal. Instead of keeping him we held onto a couple of veterans who didn't produce.
    We have to defend the pass. It is the new NFL that you have to defend.

Our corners for years to come could of been K Lewis and Cortez Allen. Then we could take an Odell Beckham or Mosely and not worry
    about our corner spot in the first couple of rounds.
    Thoughts? What is the biggest mistake in the past 3 years for the Steelers in your opinion if you disagree?

Legend

User Info Menu

Letting James Harrison go.

I think this team would have been in the playoffs last season with Harrison on the team. And I think there would have been a different attitude and mindset in the locker room.

Legend

User Info Menu

Having to hang onto aging, declining, overpriced vets because SOMEONE couldnt draft or develop young, cheap, talented players
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    In my opinion the biggest mistake for the Steelers in the past 3 years was letting Keenan Lewis leave the team via free agency. I believe he only signed 5 yr 25 million deal. Instead of keeping him we held onto a couple of veterans who didn't produce.
    We have to defend the pass. It is the new NFL that you have to defend.

Our corners for years to come could of been K Lewis and Cortez Allen. Then we could take an Odell Beckham or Mosely and not worry
    about our corner spot in the first couple of rounds.
    Thoughts? What is the biggest mistake in the past 3 years for the Steelers in your opinion if you disagree?
    I'm with you all the way legend... the million dollar question is...would he have stayed if the steelers had made an offer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm with you all the way legend... the million dollar question is...would he have stayed if the steelers had made an offer?
    I think he would have. I've watched several interviews with him. One right after he signed with NO. In that interview he basically said he saw Pittsburgh as home but they never offered him a contract. After that he went back to his family home of NO but he was clearly disappointed the Steelers didn't offer him anything.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree...Ziggy Hood.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Keeping Emmanual Sanders for one season instead of getting a 3rd round pick for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers! View Post
    Keeping Emmanual Sanders for one season instead of getting a 3rd round pick for him.
    We have a winner.
    I love James but we TRIED to sign him.
    Lewis is close but while I think he was disappointed not being pursued by us, I STILL think he goes home based on EVERYTHINg he said.

Keeping Sanders instead of STEALING NEs 3rd by letting him walk, only to lose him anyway?

Even IF Sanders was the difference in a win or two, it resulted in only 8/8. We would be better off if we had a worse record.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

What possibly could be our biggest mistake is not drafting Eric Reid and selecting Jarvis instead. We definitely had the need at the Safety position, almost as much as OLB. I'm a huge Jarvis Jones fan and I hope this doesn't become our biggest mistake, but it very well could be. I'm not labeling JJ a bust by any means, but he has yet to prove much at all. Although he has shown flashes (Chris Johnson tackle).

For right now though, I'll have to say not offering a contract to Keenan Lewis is the winner of bad decisions, so far.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S