Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dri Archer

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well, I do appreciate it. And our good friend Ovi just paid it forward as well...
    you are welcome. im more than willing to help people understand the game
    FYI, the official rams website has austin listed as a wr.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you are welcome. im more than willing to help people understand the game.
    While that is exceedingly generous, you probably have your hands full working on your own understanding of the game...

Thanks again, though!

Legend

User Info Menu

While that is exceedingly generous, you probably have your hands full working on your own understanding of the game...

Thanks again, though!

you are right. im always working on understanding the game more. its not as easy as going along with everything the organization tells me(like you do), but i do enjoy the independent thought
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

you are right. im always working on understanding the game more. its not as easy as going along with everything the organization tells me(like you do), but i do enjoy the independent thought
    If that were actually the case, I would agree with you...

However, reflexively naysaying every move the organization makes isn't reflective of independent thought...

Glad to hear you are continuing to work on understanding the game more...for the most part, I think that this community strives for the same thing...

Legend

User Info Menu

If that were actually the case, I would agree with you...

However, reflexively naysaying every move the organization makes isn't reflective of independent thought...

Glad to hear you are continuing to work on understanding the game more...for the most part, I think that this community strives for the same thing...
    Stop feeding it... lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stop feeding it... lol
    I'm killing with kindness, here!

Legend

User Info Menu

you are welcome. im more than willing to help people understand the game
    FYI, the official rams website has austin listed as a wr.

The Steelers website has Archer listed as a RB/WR.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Sproles and Jones-Drew are as short, but a little heavier.
    Exactly right. The problem with Archer is that players that size don't project well to the NFL. It just is what it is. He can't be the primary 3rd down back because he'll get killed picking up the blitz. WRs in the Steelers org. are blockers as well. He can't do that. He also isn't a WR. If they wanted a slot WR then why not get a real slot WR in the draft? This was a very deep draft at WR. No reason to take a guy that has a history of fumbling, getting injured and has very little WR ball skills. He is a trick play guy in the NFL at best. Way too much to spend for someone that has no real position on the team.

The rest of the draft was solid.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Steelers website has Archer listed as a RB/WR.
    Interesting...one of two players currently listed with multiple positions...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's what Archer is...RB/WR. The Steelers aren't going to line him up & try to make him a work horse between tackles. He is going to be the top of the "I" in "20" series personnel to create mismatches. Johnson will be the guy staying in to block. Archer will be matched up on a LB or S if the defense stays in base. They will run PA or shift him out. If the defense starts to counter to nickel the Steelers can do the same or run outside zone, sprint draw, or screen. When you go "10" series personnel...Archer goes in the slot for reverse or PA patterns with Bell in the backfield. He can make the offense dynamic. You create identification nightmares between snaps for DCs trying to put their right personnel packages on the field. WHATEVER package they run out...BB will counter with an audible. That creates the "chess match". With the weapons in place for BB...There is a very high ceiling this offense could obtain.

Archer will get a helmet gameday because of his return ability. He will be worked to try & take over PR too. Archer has RB vision & great change of direction to go along with his homerun speed. What he also has is body control similar to a receiver & looks capable of running the whole route tree. 99 catches for 1,194 yards & 12 TDs over his college career to go along with 325/2,342 & 24 TDs rushing. When he is on the field...DCs have to guess. As long as the Tavon Austins, Dexter McClusters, Ace Sanders, & Darren Sproles of the world show they could do it in the NFL...There is nothing stopping Archer from being productive. Since he now is a Steeler...I'm all in