Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ike and troy need to be released

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think there is a CB in this league that could cover Calvin Johnson in a phone booth. You have to tackle the catch with him (which Ike missed on a TD) & get help. Only fault I have with Ike is missing the tackle on the long TD pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I don't think there is a CB in this league that could cover Calvin Johnson in a phone booth. You have to tackle the catch with him (which Ike missed on a TD) & get help. Only fault I have with Ike is missing the tackle on the long TD pass.
    I think he was just in a crappy position on that play trailing Calvin. And if he would have tried to tackle him low, Calvin probably would have been gone anyway. Not having help there was the real problem and Ike had to be expecting help trailing him down the middle of the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he was just in a crappy position on that play trailing Calvin. And if he would have tried to tackle him low, Calvin probably would have been gone anyway. Not having help there was the real problem and Ike had to be expecting help trailing him down the middle of the field.
    Clark jumped the underneath route from the far hash...What a dumba$$. You still want the CB to make the tackle....But he was trying to tackle a wet tree trunk.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yea... those stats mean nothing. Ike will be like Harrison. When he's finally released, Steelers fans will get a wake up call when he can't even win a starting position on another team .... yet the homers think he's a pro bowler.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yea... those stats mean nothing. Ike will be like Harrison. When he's finally released, Steelers fans will get a wake up call when he can't even win a starting position on another team .... yet the homers think he's a pro bowler.
    I agree... Ike is great for us but he isn't a top 5 CB

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    James Harrison is a starter in Cincinnati...

Legend

User Info Menu

Removing the freak that is Calvin Johnson from the equation I have the following question. If Ike can cover AJ Green, Torrey Smith and other #1 Wrs with very good to great success for the Steelers, why wouldn't he be able to do that for say, Cleveland, Cincy or Baltimore? I believe if Ike plays for them, Antonio Brown gets a couple insignificant catches, maybe a 1st down, and no TDs. I don't see how the color of the uniform renders his skills useless on another team. Contrary, I believe a team would be happy to have Ike (even though he can't catch a cold) covering #1s without help except for the freak CJ.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Removing the freak that is Calvin Johnson from the equation I have the following question. If Ike can cover AJ Green, Torrey Smith and other #1 Wrs with very good to great success for the Steelers, why wouldn't he be able to do that for say, Cleveland, Cincy or Baltimore? I believe if Ike plays for them, Antonio Brown gets a couple insignificant catches, maybe a 1st down, and no TDs. I don't see how the color of the uniform renders his skills useless on another team. Contrary, I believe a team would be happy to have Ike (even though he can't catch a cold) covering #1s without help except for the freak CJ.

Pappy
    It depends upon the team and the defensive philosophy...

Nnamdi Asomougha was a beast in Oakland, who clearly took a step back in Philly...then was cut by San Fran...

If the other team allows him to follow the #1, he'd probably be successful...

Another year, though, won't help him...