Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Redman is my player of the game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bowie State... the next great football factory?

Props to Ike
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Redman-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/cf965bce-81e9-42a3-8fc3-ea80f3f2000e[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is what we were hoping for from Redman at the beginning of the season...good to see him healthy & running hard. Here's to an outstanding effort...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NOW WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO IS STEP UP AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE. i.e. Play next week, let the coaching staff know that you are ready to carry the load again this Sunday if needed. DON'T be so ready to slink back into the RB mix...

I'm not saying cause a stink. I'm saying that you need to show people that you want it that bad--that's leadership. That's what championship teams are made of. If Mendenhall is still iffy (which I'm assuming he still is; totally understandable BTW)... and Dwyer wants to nurse his own pussitis, then let the staff know that you are ready to ball!

Legend

User Info Menu

Will Johnson... because nobody gives props to Will Johnson.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

wait... is it Johnson or Johnston?

Either way- that dude at FB... Will Anonymous.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Agreed. I also think in hindsight the fake field goal was pretty slick, it just didn't work. If it did we'd be going nuts about it. A worthwhile gamble considering the way our D was playing. Redman sealed the deal in traditional steeler fashion and Mr. Quiet Mike Wallace changed the games momentum. Great win in all facets and honestly without a few of the REALLY BAD penalties against the Steelers we ran the show.
    On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

I couldnt agree more, Pap.

You can't win the game right there. But you could tie it and put your team in a better position to win.

Geez, Tomlin! You have to take those points right there!!!

And that fake needs some work. didn't fool anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy
    I agree, it was a bad decision by Tomlin. He should had taken the points in that situation. Tomlin is fortunate that the team won because he would had never heard the end of it from select fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Redman stepped up when needed with the other guys down. Kudos to him. If he can do that consistently, then I'm sold. However, I expect when the others get well we will see a real dominant running back by committee.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"