Thread: Steelers sign Devon Wylie

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Devon Wylie

The Pittsburgh Steelers have turned to yet another former Arizona Cardinals player to fill a roster need. A player who also has ties to offensive coordinator Todd Haley's former team, the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Steelers added receiver Devon Wylie to their practice squad to fill the vacancy created by the promotion of DB Isaiah Green to the active roster after LT Levi Brown and TE David Johnson landed on season-ending IR after the win over the New York Jets in Week 6.

Wylie recorded 98 catches for 1,327 yards and eight touchdowns during his collegiate career at Fresno State. He was selected in the fourth round (107th overall) in 2012 by the Kansas City Chiefs. He appeared in six games during his rookie season. The Chiefs released him prior to the beginning of the 2013 season. He later signed to the Cardinals practice squad.

At 5-9, 187 pounds, Wylie is not the biggest receiver prospect, but he does bring special teams return ability to the table, both on punts and kickoffs. As a member of the scout team, he will also be an asset in practices as the team prepares to deal with similarly skilled receivers later in the year.

Not sure what happened to Reggie Dunn? Did he sign with another team? I knew Dunn wasn't on the team, but just curious. Just trading one small fry for another imo.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Update: Dunn released by the Green Bay Packers practice squad on Oct. 10, then signed back on Oct. 14.

Backup

User Info Menu

I sure am glad they were able to acquire another WR instead of an O lineman since we're all set there.

Legend

User Info Menu

With Wheaton still out and Cotchery a bit long in the tooth, I can see adding another body for practice. Doubt this is much more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    With Wheaton still out and Cotchery a bit long in the tooth, I can see adding another body for practice. Doubt this is much more.
    Yep, this is a need signing with Wheaton's finger busted. This guy is gone when Wheaton is back.

As far as signing an OL, while I'm all for getting the OL better does anyone really think that person is out there? The front office went into this season with a wish and hope about the OL. That was clear when they ignored it during the draft. Unfortunately for us that blew up in their face.

The OL will be a problem for this team all year long. Getting more band aids won't help a traumatic amputation
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I swear...the Packers, Steelers and Cardinals are Eskimo Brothers..
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Surprised they didn't sign another TE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are the Steelers becoming Arizona East?