Thread: The NFL Arena Fad is OVER???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The NFL Arena Fad is OVER???

It seems the NFL went thru a short lived fad over the last few years.

I'm starting to notice the trend reversing:
    If you want to throw the ball 40-50 plus times a game you are either going to lose or maybe squeeze out a last minute win (if your lucky).

Drew Brees last night is a perfect example. Even at the start of the game you could see Manning take control by mixing up the play calling while Brees would pass, pass, pass.
    When they would try to run, they would do the RB by Commitee and get nowhere. They don't look like a team that even wants to establish a Running Game. They just want to pass like it's arena league.

Tom Brady is also a great example ... He runs a no huddle but when he sees an opportunity to RUN, he takes it.

Who remembers the 1st half of the Packers/Seahawks Monday Night game (everyone remembers the last play)??
    Rodgers threw the ball 25 times and they ran 4 times. Rodgers was sacked 6 times.
    In the 2nd half they came out running and came back and took control of the game.

I'm starting to think the PHASE of Arena NFL is a thing of the past...thoughts???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

it happens every few years and it always balances out in the end.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope so. I hope that they let defense back in too.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they need to put some onus of protection on the offensive player to protect himself. If a QB wants to sprint up to the line of scrimmage, throw the ball at the last second while ducking his head down so he gets hit in the head, thats on him. If a WR catches a pass then automatically drops his head down when he knows he is going to get hit, thats on him. Right now you have the entire thing on the defense which is bullcrap. The defenders either have to play soft, or they have to be mind readers to know where the offensive player is going to duck his head to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's the flavor of a season or two. Eventually a team will win the Super Bowl with a running game, all teams will turn their focus to running the ball, runningbacks will be in high demand again with making the big dollars as it once was.
    I do not care for all this passing in the league. I like running the ball with a decent amount of passing or just a nice chess match of balance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    It's the flavor of a season or two. Eventually a team will win the Super Bowl with a running game, all teams will turn their focus to running the ball, runningbacks will be in high demand again with making the big dollars as it once was.
    true, this is very much a copycat league.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha