Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jags take so much crap for attendance....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    All it means is he has a hook up. Big deal.
    And the quality of your hook-up is the true measure of a fan...

You can't possibly be a fan because you grew up poor!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Just what I thought. Case closed. Before you try to claim others are not real fans, think twice about it from here on out. Discussion ended. Nothing else to pursue. All conclusions now finalized.
    Lol... so its finished?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Do you know how many times I've run out of beer and dug deep to continue watching? Not had enough dip and was forced to suffer with dry chips? Game's still on! Cold nacho cheese - I kept watching. So many WINNING games I've watched over coming obstacles. I'm 15 X (at least) the Steelers fan most of you will ever be!!!!!!
    We drove up to Detroit to watch the SB with family and friends.... BBQ'd in the snow storm but since we paid for our food and cooked it ourselves we aren't real fans.

Gotta get the free stuff to be a real fan. Lamb on demand

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lamb on demand is the only way to fly

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And the quality of your hook-up is the true measure of a fan...

You can't possibly be a fan because you grew up poor!!

There are very few people so poor, in the 70's, 80's and 90's, that would not have been able to find away to attend a live game at some point when they were growing up, especially those who live so close to the stadium. With the prices we see NOW, that may not be the case. I can't imagine being a "fan" and not seeing any games live. It changes/improves your entire understanding of the game and illuminates your level of being a fan of the Steelers. How can anyone feel super enthusiastic as a fan, but never experience any live games? You get chills when at a game; that doesn't happen in your living room so much. I find is somewhat humorous that one who never goes to live games challenges the level of fandom of someone who has had season tickets, been to countless play off games and even was present at conference championship games....not to mention has seen a plethora of games from the luxury box seats.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lamb on demand is the only way to fly
    The also had delicious roast beef, with a chef standing right there to cut you slices, not to mention, high end beer on tap. If you weren't into eating lamb or roast beef, you could have a custom omelet made to order, or, have both. That tailgaiting experience was delightful, all under a tent right next to the stadium. It takes tailgaiting to a whole new level of bliss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol, is all I can say. Speechless..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    lol, is all I can say. Speechless..
    Yes, the spread made me speechless as well. Keep in mind, there was no money exchanged; if you had this VIP tailgait pass, everything was free...EVERYTHING. We open up the flaps of the tend, show our VIP pass to the bouncer, and everything you can imagine was there for the taking, as much as you wanted. Not only did they have foreign, upscale beer on tap, they had champagne and wine (I am mostly a beer drinker at games). And not only the warm slices of prime rib and lamb and the custom, made-to-order omelets, but a mountain of shrimp cocktail, all the cheese and crackers one could imagine, pasta, meatballs - I am trying to figure out what they _didn't_ have. Our parking pass had us parking where the players and employees park. All of that, and I might have spent a total of 20 bucks out of pocket all day. I was speechless as well. Everyone should try it at least once. I also had the same package in J-ville a few times when the Steelers visit, but it's not as phat as the Steeler package.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    There are very few people so poor, in the 70's, 80's and 90's, that would not have been able to find away to attend a live game at some point when they were growing up, especially those who live so close to the stadium. With the prices we see NOW, that may not be the case. I can't imagine being a "fan" and not seeing any games live. It changes/improves your entire understanding of the game and illuminates your level of being a fan of the Steelers. How can anyone feel super enthusiastic as a fan, but never experience any live games? You get chills when at a game; that doesn't happen in your living room so much. I find is somewhat humorous that one who never goes to live games challenges the level of fandom of someone who has had season tickets, been to countless play off games and even was present at conference championship games....not to mention has seen a plethora of games from the luxury box seats.
    You have no idea how poor we were after the Steel Mills closed. Sorry we had to spend our money on food and electricity... and sometimes we lived without electricity and ate bread pudding for dinner. Its not like my parents had a ton of education to fall back on after American Bridge shut down. Mills closed and we struggled to make ends meet.

I question your fandom because of what you type about and how you present these anti Rooney/Steeler arguments...not how many hames you claimed to beat in luxury boxes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We drove up to Detroit to watch the SB with family and friends.... BBQ'd in the snow storm but since we paid for our food and cooked it ourselves we aren't real fans.

Gotta get the free stuff to be a real fan. Lamb on demand
    Feltdizz - sorry bud, I checked the Steelers Fan Rulebook and with paying for your own food AND cooking it, you cannot be considered 'real' fans. In fact, I'm not entirely sure you even drove to Detroit...