Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Bouncing Off The Walls?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I have nervous butterflies actually. Excited but worried that Jones will be gone before the Steelers pick
    Whoopsie!

I wasn't that pumped. I knew the Steelers would either trade down or get Jones. nothing to see here....

Legend

User Info Menu

I found myself banging on my steering wheel during my drive home from work today just to burn off the excess energy. Also, from 8:00-10:00 while waiting for the Steelers pick, I must have got up to use the bathroom nearly a dozen times...nervous bladder I guess...I remember having to use the bathroom a lot prior to job interviews and such.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I found myself banging on my steering wheel during my drive home from work today just to burn off the excess energy. Also, from 8:00-10:00 while waiting for the Steelers pick, I must have got up to use the bathroom nearly a dozen times...nervous bladder I guess...I remember having to use the bathroom a lot prior to job interviews and such.
    Funny! Although I wasn't pumped I was all nervous and jacked about 2 minutes before the pick like it was game day!! Pavlov's conditioning baby!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Hello all. I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I've been a Steeler fan since 1970, and can't remember a draft that is this important in a long time.Let's hope that Colbert and company have a strong 3 days, and we draft a couple or three special players. GO STEELERS.
    Welcome to the planet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't sleep now. I'm dying for round 2.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I can't sleep now. I'm dying for round 2.
    I was much worse last year when we got DeCastro. I felt like Ralphie May in his Cuban coffee skit that night.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was much worse last year when we got DeCastro. I felt like Ralphie May in his Cuban coffee skit that night.
    That's funny. I was out one night many years ago with some middle eastern friends that wanted to go to this Turkish place and we had turkish coffe and it was the same sort of thing. It was like a sludge that tasted wonderful and I drank 2 small cups like espresso sized and I couldn't sleep for 2 days. And this was after a long night at some bars near UNC. I shoulda been able to sleep like a baby after a few beers that night, but this coffee was insane. I imagined that must be what cocaine is like.

I had to take someone from out of town out another time and they wanted to order redbull and vodka. I don't really like either, but I had some just to be social. I rarely ever drink but will on rate ocassion if I have to take someone out. 2 drinks are about my limit because I don't have a tolerance. After having this mixture I was wide awake for the rest of the night.

Maybe this wouldn't have a similar effect on a normal person? But I typically avoid alcohol and caffeine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That's funny. I was out one night many years ago with some middle eastern friends that wanted to go to this Turkish place and we had turkish coffe and it was the same sort of thing. It was like a sludge that tasted wonderful and I drank 2 small cups like espresso sized and I couldn't sleep for 2 days. And this was after a long night at some bars near UNC. I shoulda been able to sleep like a baby after a few beers that night, but this coffee was insane. I imagined that must be what cocaine is like.

I had to take someone from out of town out another time and they wanted to order redbull and vodka. I don't really like either, but I had some just to be social. I rarely ever drink but will on rate ocassion if I have to take someone out. 2 drinks are about my limit because I don't have a tolerance. After having this mixture I was wide awake for the rest of the night.

Maybe this wouldn't have a similar effect on a normal person? But I typically avoid alcohol and caffeine.
    I don't drink alcohol at all (or do any drugs...never have...my wife will tell you that the Steelers and Penguins are my vice), and I'm not a big caffeine person either (no coffee, tea, or energy drinks for me...although I will splurge with a big ol' Mountain Dew to get me through the long drive 5+ hour drive each way to and from Pittsburgh for games). One night in college, when I had to pull an all-nighter to complete a paper (procrastination), I drank way too much Mountain Dew and ate way too many Skittles. I was literally shaking in the middle of the night and that was just from caffeine and sugar. I can't imagine what street drugs would do to my body...no desire whatsoever to find out.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't drink alcohol at all (or do any drugs...never have...my wife will tell you that the Steelers and Penguins are my vice), and I'm not a big caffeine person either (no coffee, tea, or energy drinks for me...although I will splurge with a big ol' Mountain Dew to get me through the long drive 5+ hour drive each way to and from Pittsburgh for games). One night in college, when I had to pull an all-nighter to complete a paper (procrastination), I drank way too much Mountain Dew and ate way too many Skittles. I was literally shaking in the middle of the night and that was just from caffeine and sugar. I can't imagine what street drugs would do to my body...no desire whatsoever to find out.
    I do no caffeine. And sugar makes me feel ill. I used to go to parties/bars and drink in college, but stopped afterward and would only have a drink once every blue moon. I'd be afraid to try a street drug. I don't even like prescriptions because they make me feel funny. I had a neck injury and got a muscle relaxer from my doc and he told me to take it before bed and it would help. I remember standing at the counter in my kitchen and taking a pill and drinking a glass of water and before I finished the water, my legs started wobbling and going numb. I barely made it to my living room and couch before passing out and I slept for close to 15 hours.

I also have severe allergy to cats. If I was around someone that was around someone who owned a cat, it can make me sick. It's a super sensitive allergy. And if it's bad I can break out and my throat swells so I'll have to take a benadryl on ocassion. Just one will knock me out.

I'd be afraid to come close to a street drug. I'm sure it would kill me most likely

I've been at work and seen other people pop prescription pills like candy and seem to function perfectly fine. No idea how?