Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: its time to blame Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    BINGO! Unfocused, Undisciplined, and Unprepared. 50 shades of the Triple U.
    Hey how about the consecutive offsides calls giving SD a first down when they should have had the drive stopped. First Polamalu and then Harrison, on consecutive plays. No excuse. That is a sign of a team that the coaches do not have focused and paying attention. That was it for me. I wanted to throw up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any blame to Colbert for not getting better talent? Or how bout Omar Khan for not getting better deals done to allow us to get better players?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Hey how about the consecutive offsides calls giving SD a first down when they should have had the drive stopped. First Polamalu and then Harrison, on consecutive plays. No excuse. That is a sign of a team that the coaches do not have focused and paying attention. That was it for me. I wanted to throw up.
    Not to excuse the penalties but I wanted to ask. How can it go from 3rd and 11, we have 2 offside calls and they get a first down? Shouldn't that have been 3rd and 1?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Any blame to Colbert for not getting better talent? Or how bout Omar Khan for not getting better deals done to allow us to get better players?
    This is about lack of focus, discipline, effort - you can get all of those things if you are well-coached, even if you aren't that talented. And we all know we have a good deal of talent on this team, starting with a franchise QB. No way do I give a pass to the head coach when the team is so unprepared, unmotivated, and lack such focus. That is head coach all the way. Even when Parcells and Jimmy Johnson didn't have the most talented teams, you knew they would have their teams ready to give their best effort. Tomlin can no way make this claim.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This is about lack of focus, discipline, effort - you can get all of those things if you are well-coached, even if you aren't that talented. And we all know we have a good deal of talent on this team, starting with a franchise QB. No way do I give a pass to the head coach when the team is so unprepared, unmotivated, and lack such focus. That is head coach all the way. Even when Parcells and Jimmy Johnson didn't have the most talented teams, you knew they would have their teams ready to give their best effort. Tomlin can no way make this claim.

Except when Parcells was in Dallas and Jimmy Johnson was in Miami...then, the efforts weren't so fantastic...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except when Parcells was in Dallas and Jimmy Johnson was in Miami...then, the efforts weren't so fantastic...
    The efforts were fine, after they had a little time to get their program going. Bill built that Dallas team but Jones was too meddling to allow Bill to finish the job. Jimmy was saddled with Marino, and there was nothing he could do about that, but he built a fine defense while he was there. Marino simply was too much "on stilts" for the rushing game to work, and Jimmy is not a coach who rolls without a rushing game. Bill's and Jimmy's teams did fine on the effort and focus level in Dallas and Miami.

Legend

User Info Menu

Norv Turner is about to be fired in SD. Does he deserve it? How can the players be absolved from a 4 & 29 to lose the game?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think people have been ready to fire him, then the team makes a big run.

Have you seen what happened to our OL? What a scrambled mess all year.
    Did you see who had to play CB this week?
    Some guy who won a tryout.
    Some thing aren't coachable.
    Coaching is a multiple year thing, especially with the Rooneys. So don't waste your breath until he blunders a few seasons away.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To win against a great team at their home town and then the next week to loose to a bad team, this seems to be what we have been doing the last couple of years. This is all on Tomlin!
    It's the Coach's job on game plan\getting the team ready (motivated). Not putting enough pressure on Rivers was bad. Also the offensive game plan to start the game with running was horrible.
    I knew going into the game we had to prove the pass to be able to run especially with Ben out the previous 3 weeks. We should have been 90% passing the first 2 possessions of the game.
    I'm not a Tomlin hater but, I have yet to see him put a dominate team together since he has been there. He is not proven to me he is a great Coach.
    He conitues to make bad calls. Going for the fourth down was one thing but then running it instead of passing was horrendous...I knew we weren't going to get that with a run play. That should have been a pass!!
    I yelled at the TV before the hike that it better be a pass!!! Fail! it wasn't...

Rookie

User Info Menu

The efforts were fine, after they had a little time to get their program going. Bill built that Dallas team but Jones was too meddling to allow Bill to finish the job. Jimmy was saddled with Marino, and there was nothing he could do about that, but he built a fine defense while he was there. Marino simply was too much "on stilts" for the rushing game to work, and Jimmy is not a coach who rolls without a rushing game. Bill's and Jimmy's teams did fine on the effort and focus level in Dallas and Miami.
    If you aren't going to make excuses for Tomlin, then don't make excuses for Parcells or Johnson...

In Miami, Johnson inherited an offense in the top 10 in both yards and scoring (saddled with Marino? Seriously?) and took it to the middle of the pack...

Johnson in Miami: 36-28, 2-3 in the playoffs

So, it wasn't Parcells, it was Jerry Jones? I can't argue against speculation...I can only look at results...

Parcells in Dallas: 34-30, 0-2 in the playoffs

I'm not impressed with that coaching, effort or focus...