Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Steelers Wasting BIg Ben

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Hard to do with your QB hurt, being hit constantly and NO running game.
    haley gets paid to make the offense run smoothly and put points on the board.

just do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Wow.... you are helplessly stuck in the early 70's, aren't you?
    I'm helpless stuck on what works. And what works is being able not to copy the best offenses. It's to find your own identity with the players you have. I still believe the high flying passing O's are a fad...and the teams who are balanced in the long run will be most effective. I believe teams who can take it to an opponents weakness...instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole by butting heads with another teams strength...is wise. Whatever you want to call that...call it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Honest question....

In today's NFL, do any of you think there is such a thing as "scoring too quickly?"

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you even watch the season???

What was the key to the turn around of both Flacco and the Ravens? Care to venture a guess?

Yep, that's right...the guy they forgot in the first half of the season was Ray Rice. When they got him plugged back in, they began to pull it together. They may have won the SB with the pass, but they got there by setting up Flacco for success by establishing Rice.
    actually Rice had fumble itis last year... they split Rice's time with a rookie down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    haley gets paid to make the offense run smoothly and put points on the board.

just do it.
    In one year, with your star QB injured and your OL playing ish...you expect 50 points a game? Be reasonable. They have replaced the OL coach, the QB loves the OL and the O. So how about we let this play out before burning Haley at the stake..eh?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Honest question....

In today's NFL, do any of you think there is such a thing as "scoring too quickly?"
    with our D? Yes...

for some reason the quicker we score... the quicker we give it back.

Backup

User Info Menu

In one year, with your star QB injured and your OL playing ish...you expect 50 points a game? Be reasonable. They have replaced the OL coach, the QB loves the OL and the O. So how about we let this play out before burning Haley at the stake..eh?
    I expect them to get with the times and understand that time of possession is a meaningless stat.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    with our D? Yes...

for some reason the quicker we score... the quicker we give it back.
    Well then, is that Ben's fault or the defense's fault?

Legend

User Info Menu

it will play out...

but Ben also said we were "this close" to having a high octane O the last few years... and he also loved the OL the fans hated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did I say 50 points a game? Calm down and try have a discussion.

I'm giving haley this year. If its the same as last?, fire his ass.