Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I find no issue with it being an anonymous quote. I think the real story is that it was said and that it was true. I am glad whoever said it did so. Fat boy took that giant contract and then offered almost no effort to continue to be productive. F him. No excuse for being that sloppy and fat when you are getting paid all that $ to offer production.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    [URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/119924-ed-fat-contract-did-not-change-woodley[/URL]

Ed Bouchette states, Woodley's contract didn't change Woodley.
    Correct. Even before the big contract, Woodley was a slacker. His SOP was to enter the season out-of-shape. He would then play his way into shape, rounding into form in the second half of the season. But that way of doing business hasn't yielded the same kinds of results the past couple of years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Correct. Even before the big contract, Woodley was a slacker. His SOP was to enter the season out-of-shape. He would then play his way into shape, rounding into form in the second half of the season. But that way of doing business hasn't yielded the same kinds of results the past couple of years.
    We paid top dollar for a lazy fat dude. Awesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    We paid top dollar for a lazy fat dude. Awesome.
    Yeah, but prior to that, he was always able to play himself into shape. And when he came on with his game, he piled up some seemingly impressive stats (ie., check out his sacks in the playoffs in 2007-2010--11 sacks in just 6 or 7 games!).

I worried when they offered him the big contract, because, along with the training and conditioning issues, I always felt LaMarr had been somewhat overrated, and was a little too one-dimensional...Sacks, IMO, can often be a misleading stat--a good number of Woodley's came when he was totally unblocked, or were coverage sacks, IIRC...LaMarr would disappear for stretches, miss tackles, and be too easily pushed out of plays too often to really be considered a top-flight OLB. Of course, I got considerable objection from some of my Steelers-fans friends when I voiced those concerns...
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 02-19-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ??

you do realize each draft pick is (sort of) slotted to what the pick the year before got.

he could have easily held out either after his 2nd or 3rd year for a bigger contract because he outperformed it
    of course i realize that.
    once again, was woodley forced to sign it?
    sure he could have held out. i dont get the logic in 'he outperformed it'. no he didnt. he voluntarily signed a contract that he agreed with and then went on the field and played. he put forth an effort, that he was satisfied with giving, and got paid for the exact amount that he agreed to.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crazy offseason. We are all attacking one another like cats and dogs...snipey bitter fans, and now our players are all worthless bums. I got faith that Woodley will come back stronger than ever this year and get the job done after having his eyes opened a little and learning a lesson.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Crazy offseason. We are all attacking one another like cats and dogs...snipey bitter fans, and now our players are all worthless bums. I got faith that Woodley will come back stronger than ever this year and get the job done after having his eyes opened a little and learning a lesson.
    I sincerely hope you're right...especially since, with his contract, he will be a Steeler for a few more years...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We still have a core of good players on this team, time for the young bucks to step up and eliminate the gloom and doom that's portrayed out there.
    I think Lamar is just as disappointed with his play as we are, he was never 100% last season with his lingering injuries.
    We can blame out of shape, too fat, or what ever, what I want to see is a healthy Lamar Woodley playing havoc on the opposition, otherwise it won't be fun watching that defense without Harrison here and a Woodley not 100%.

To his credit he started training early, and seems to be taking this serious. I'm sure he's been reading all the criticism of his play, should be great motivation to come back strong for 2013.

We need Lamar maybe more now than ever, lets all hope he gets it together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahh... you're right. If Chadman has been guilty of sniping, (and he has), to anyone on the end of that- humblest apologies.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think Clark did the right thing...

I consider it to be an object lesson to the player (assuming he actually exists) who spoke out of school about Woodley...

Now, that player know what it feels like to be badmouthed in the media...except Clark didn't take shots from a safe hiding place...
    Completely agree. What Clark has done, and what Joe Anonymous has done, are different in that Clark has put his name to his comment. If Woodley, or anyone, has a beef about the comment- they know where to go.

This whole saga has proven that this team lacks discipline & leadership at the moment. There were obvious examples of lack of discipline throughout 2012- and this is just the next stage of ill-discipline. The Steelers need a giant boot up the bum, because regardless of the talent at hand, this lack of discipline, both on & off the field- will derail them again in 2013 if they don't get it sorted.

Dropped ball, lack of effort, lack of thought, dumb penalties. How many games were lost on that, and not on being beaten by a better team?

We can all blame injury- but injury hits every team. And heck- there could be some argument that lack of discipline off the field lead to injury increases in the squad.

Again- back to discipline.

And leadership.

Chadman doesn't care if the comments made about Woodley are right or not. What is important here is that someone broke rank, and chose to air their grievence away from the team- to the media- and obviously knew that this wouldn't sit well, so did all this under the security of 'anonimity'. But teams are built on trust. Discipline. Leadership. None of those things were in evidence when an unknown person attacks another member of his TEAM, publicly through the media. It's the equivalent of an on-field cheap shot.

So yes, bradshaw's hairdresser, Chadman sticks by his claim. Find who it is, and cut them. Whoever broke rank, does not have the Steelers TEAM at heart. If the Steelers FO show some leadership here, they might just get this team back on track in 2013.

IF... this comment came from the coaches, or higher, then that just shows that whoever said it has no idea how to build a team dynamic. And that is going to be a major problem so long as whoever said it is still at the Steelers.

And IF the 'unnamed source' is actually Ron Cook making crap up...well let's hope this bites him on his bum.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S