Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets not get too carried away with the Giants game

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets not get too carried away with the Giants game

Before that game I felt very confident, less because of us but more because the Giants under Eli can be REALLY BAD when a game is not important.
    This is was a non-conference loss for them that still left them in 1st place.
    The higher the stakes the better that team is.

I do think we are getting better, love the run game and oline improvement.

But beating the Giants aint like beating most SB contenders because they are so inconsistent. It took us all of 6 quarters (2nd half of Bengal game thru Giants game) to go from "has been" to SB favorite in the eyes of many. Time will tell whether this win has real meaning.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Cinci smacked the Giants around pretty good yesterday.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Cinci smacked the Giants around pretty good yesterday.
    Yup, I didnt even pay attention to the games, waiting 4 tonight, but this is further proof of how inconsistent that team is.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Giants are HORRIBLE in November.. something like 13-20 under Coughlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

fans shuldnt get to high with the wins or to low with the losses.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    fans shuldnt get to high with the wins or to low with the losses.
    Why not? We are fans, that's what we do. Now if you were to say, "players" I would agree.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Before that game I felt very confident, less because of us but more because the Giants under Eli can be REALLY BAD when a game is not important.
    This is was a non-conference loss for them that still left them in 1st place.
    The higher the stakes the better that team is.

I do think we are getting better, love the run game and oline improvement.

But beating the Giants aint like beating most SB contenders because they are so inconsistent. It took us all of 6 quarters (2nd half of Bengal game thru Giants game) to go from "has been" to SB favorite in the eyes of many. Time will tell whether this win has real meaning.
    Every win has meaning in the standings, as does every loss.

How about you can be the guy who can tell us all when we should feel a win is a good win as opposed to one we shouldn't read too much into.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    Every win has meaning in the standings, as does every loss.

How about you can be the guy who can tell us all when we should feel a win is a good win as opposed to one we shouldn't read too much into.
    The Giants are HORRIBLE in November and have TWO rings. Some games ARE more important than others.
    Beating the Giants was great. It is better than a loss.
    But i'd trade a sweep of Baltimore over two NFC wins, because those games are more important.

Beating Cincy meant more than the Giants win because not only is it a division, game Cincy IS PLAYING BETTER THAN THE GIANTS RIGHT NOW. Just proved it.

People got so excited because we beat the SB champs and look now, Cincy SMOKED even worse. It aint such a feat is it?

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can you please change your name to "Captain Obvious?" Thank you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    People got so excited because we beat the SB champs and look now, Cincy SMOKED even worse. It aint such a feat is it?
    Your point is taken. However, there were a lot of bad calls in our game with them that contributed to the final score. We manhandled them at the point of attack and owned them on D. If not for some blatantly bad officiating the score would likely have been much more lopsided.