Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    A couple of scouts on Twitter are saying Te'o is very "Demeco Ryans" like. A great player, but no where near a top ten player.

I don't like ILB in the first much period, but Kuechly really turned it on the second half of the year for Carolina.

I'll take Minter in the 2nd/Late 1st over Te'o at this point. Minter proved he can play against this level of competition all season long.
    Kevin Minter is playing with 3 maybe 5 1st round picks on the defense he plays with. Does that not make a difference?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Kevin Minter is playing with 3 maybe 5 1st round picks on the defense he plays with. Does that not make a difference?
    Not saying it doesn't. But no one is advocating taking Minter in the top 10 picks of the draft.

Here the thing: They are not that far apart at all as players.

The one big difference? Minter played in the SEC. The level of competition was much better, but no one is touting him as a top ten pick.

They are not far apart as players and I would bet their measurables are pretty similar.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Te'o in the 1st round?

With the way he's getting dominated by Alabama, we might be able to get him in the 2nd.
    With the way he played, I don't know that we want him in the 2nd round. Seriously, he missed tackles all night long.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not saying it doesn't. But no one is advocating taking Minter in the top 10 picks of the draft.

The one big difference? Minter played in the SEC. The level of competition was much better, but no one is touting him as a top ten pick.

They are not far apart as players and I would bet their measurables are pretty similar.
    Te'o is overrated because he played for an undefeated ND team. No way would I spend ANY first round pick on him. He got punked all night last night.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes I agree with this. I've been touting Minter since September. But to think that Kevin Minter isnt helped by having Mingo, Montgomery, Jenkins, Reid, Barrow, Bennie Logan, etc. is flat out not seeing the big picture.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Please, everyone, beware passing judgment on a player due to the results of one game against "NFL level" competition...

That kind of thinking landed us Troy Edwards in the first round...

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope no one is passing judgement on Lacy, Teo or any player based on one game... but you have to be concerned when a highly touted player gets man handled like that and misses tackle after tackle.

I've seen enough of Teo to know he isn't top 10 or top 15 and anyone who gets him will have their hands full getting him ready for the next level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good article maybe best suited for a 4-3
    [url]http://burgh.us/jn9[/url]
    I think bust is written in him according to friend who is a big Nd fan.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes I agree with this. I've been touting Minter since September. But to think that Kevin Minter isnt helped by having Mingo, Montgomery, Jenkins, Reid, Barrow, Bennie Logan, etc. is flat out not seeing the big picture.
    Where did I say it didn't help Minter? Did you miss this part of my post?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where did I say it didn't help Minter? Did you miss this part of my post?
    Well then if it is helping him (to have maybe 3 fist round picks playing in front of him), then it would also help Te'o. And with this maybe that would show more of a separation between the two. ??????