Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico vs Cotchery?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plaxico vs Cotchery?

Would both be active & available if the young money crew is all able to go? Do we have 5 wide active on gameday? If not, which of those 2 is active? Will Ben push for Plax to play? Will Haley recognize the chemistry Ben & Plax have?

All interesting questions to me...

Thoughts.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Any "chemistry" between Ben & Plax is pretty cold after this many years. Even with 5 active, don't forget about Rainey, too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea, I don't know how much "chemistry" remains with Ben and Plex over the years. It's not even the same offense. And Plex has looked like he doesn't have his football legs yet; he just looks like he's uncordinated or something. Itchy Crotchery seems more in the flow of the offense. I have a feeling he will be the more productive player as of right now. I would like to see a heirarchy of calling plays that go to:

- Brown
    - Heath
    - Sanders
    - Cotchery
    - Wallace
    - Plex

Brown and Heath are our most reliable players in the passing game. I think that is obvious. Wallace has been ridiculously undependable and Sanders is not as trustworthy as Brown and Heath. They are our true $. I think they finally figured out how to tee this all up. Give Dwyer the majority of the carries, with Redman as the change of pace guy (That combo give defenses headaches), and target Brown and Heath the majority of the plays. If they roll with that, things will go well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Wide Receiving Corp mush look as such if healthy:

1) Antonio Brown
    2) Mike Wallace / Emmanuel Sanders
    3) Jerrico Cotchery
    4) Plaxico Burress

Cotchery has made a lot of plays this year on third down and I would believe the Steelers will use Burress exclusively in the red zone where he can be most efffective.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cotchery. Easy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd dress Plax. We're still not scoring enough. We need him in the RedZone.

If Tomlin really wants to send a message, don't dress Wally.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd dress Plax. We're still not scoring enough. We need him in the RedZone.

If Tomlin really wants to send a message, don't dress Wally.
    I would dress Plax too for red zone purposes.

and I thought Wallace played hard against the Ravens, he should have caught that one long pass along the sidelines but he also should have had a TD if Batch hadn't overthrown him in the end zone.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Dont take this the wrong way...but Plax has done nothing up to this point....When all the recievers are healthy, it will be difficult to keep all of them on the roster...I believe Plax will be the odd man out.

I want him to be successful for the Steelers but I believe he was only here as a stop gap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way...but Plax has done nothing up to this point....When all the recievers are healthy, it will be difficult to keep all of them on the roster...I believe Plax will be the odd man out.

I want him to be successful for the Steelers but I believe he was only here as a stop gap.
    I think Plaxico's spot as our #5 WR is safe for the rest of this season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post

Plax drew a pass interference that set up a TD vs the Browns which is something the rest of our WR refuse to or can't do for some odd reason.