Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark To Be Cut?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I hope these "reporters" have more than a closed twitter account to go on.

I don't buy it.
    Well, BTSC is essentially a version of this forum in essay form... I like their work, but bloggers are not quite reporters

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm guessing Golden had something to do with this as well. While his exposure has been limited, I was so impressed with his nose for the ball, tackling, and playmaking ability.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm guessing Golden had something to do with this as well. While his exposure has been limited, I was so impressed with his nose for the ball, tackling, and playmaking ability.
    I'd be more inclined to think that the injury Clark suffered in that final game was of the career-threatening variety.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Patrick Chung has been brought up over at the Steelers Scout page.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I saw that last night as well and was shocked. I think you may be right Ovi, they may be cleaning out more guys than any of us thought. My only question is who the hell is going to play FS next year? Will Allen?
    Ryan seemed like he was a great leader, something the Steelers sorely need.
    I think that we may see that the front office has assessed that talent wise they are the third best team in the AFC North with a few of their key players on the downward side of their careers. I think it is logical to assume that we are not ready to win the AFC North next year so they may be deciding that now is the year to make major changes and set ourselves up for another 6-7 years of being competitive...one step back two steps forward. This could be the year they fix the cap so they have the maximum flexibility to move forward when the big TV money hits next year versus just trying to sustain.

I totally agree if that is the assessment they have made. Both the Bumgals and Ravens are better than us right now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think that we may see that the front office has assessed that talent wise they are the third best team in the AFC North with a few of their key players on the downward side of their careers. I think it is logical to assume that we are not ready to win the AFC North next year so they may be deciding that now is the year to make major changes and set ourselves up for another 6-7 years of being competitive...one step back two steps forward. This could be the year they fix the cap so they have the maximum flexibility to move forward when the big TV money hits next year versus just trying to sustain.

I totally agree if that is the assessment they have made. Both the Bumgals and Ravens are better than us right now.
    Tank the season and just groom the young guys, get the top pick in the 14 draft, pick AJ McCarron. I want to see his girl and mom at the games in the black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if they were third best team in the AFCN this past year, releasing Hampton with no real plan behind him and Ryan Clark with no real plan behind him probably isn't going to move them into 1st or 2nd. Now, Harrison, Foote and Kiesel will probably be released and there really isn't a plan behind any of them either. this should all be really fascinating, probably makes for another subpar year next year, but hopefully, that will be the extent of it.

Oh, I forgot, Starks and Colon look like casualties as well, the Steelers are good to go now, they'll be younger for sure.

pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see the Steelers cutting Clark. He may be forced out by injury but he won't just be cut. No Way.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, if they were third best team in the AFCN this past year, releasing Hampton with no real plan behind him and Ryan Clark with no real plan behind him probably isn't going to move them into 1st or 2nd. Now, Harrison, Foote and Kiesel will probably be released and there really isn't a plan behind any of them either. this should all be really fascinating, probably makes for another subpar year next year, but hopefully, that will be the extent of it.

Oh, I forgot, Starks and Colon look like casualties as well, the Steelers are good to go now, they'll be younger for sure.

pappy
    Just because you don't think they have a plan, doesn't mean THEY don't have a plan. I think everyone knew Hampton was gone when they signed Fangupo and kept Ta'amu.

There really was no reason to keep Mclendon on the bench.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Clark already started his rehab and training, I can't rely on scuttlebutt.