Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Pittsburgh Steelers have Expressed Interest in CFL OL Jovan Olafioye

Legend

User Info Menu

I would hate to see another Korey Stringer type situation, but if the medical staff is comfortable, it can't hurt to give him a look. I would rather go into the season with some option other than Beachum to backup/compete with Adams and Gilbert.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sounds like a no brainer to me. These are the kind of players we need to add some depth and competition. Even if he pushes Mike Adams to get better, I'd be all for it.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Sounds like a no brainer to me. These are the kind of players we need to add some depth and competition. Even if he pushes Mike Adams to get better, I'd be all for it.
    +1 These are the types of moves we need to make as long as it is fiscally sound.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like he's not willing to jump from the CFL to the NFL for a league minimum salary:

The Baltimore Ravens recently gave him the parameters of an offer that Olafioye said “wasn’t even in the ballpark of what I was thinking of getting.”
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Looks like he's not willing to jump from the CFL to the NFL for a league minimum salary:
    What's the CFL pay these days? According to this he should find NFL minimum salary very acceptable.

[url]http://www.ehow.com/info_7916967_average-salary-cfl-player.html[/url]

Their rookies make a mere $30k. That is loco.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Who the heck is this guy's agent. He must be stupid, unless he is making more than that in the CFL. This is very possible as he is considered the best tackle in the CFL (For whatever that's worth).
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Who the heck is this guy's agent. He must be stupid, unless he is making more than that in the CFL. This is very possible as he is considered the best tackle in the CFL (For whatever that's worth).
    Apparently he thinks he is worthy of making decent OT NFL $, because he can't be comparing to what he makes in the CFL - they don't make peanuts up there. Can he be making much more than $50k at this point? Making $500k would be like a dream for this dude. And, would he pass a physical this time around? He is only 25, 6-6, 325 lbs. I still say its much ado about nothing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I still say its much ado about nothing.
    It doesn't matter what you say jabroni!
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Some numbers I found. If these numbers are remotely true, getting the NFL minimum would be about a 275% salary increase. Why wouldn't he take a 1 or 2 year deal and if he's as great as he thinks; the big money will be there. Wonder how much more than the minimum he's looking to get.

In 2010, the league's team salary cap was $4.2 million Canadian. In 2012 it was 4.35 million canadian.
    Starters and CFL superstars may expect to usually earn between $60,000 and $120,000 Canadian

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    It doesn't matter what you say jabroni!
    Ad hominem attacks are not permitted on this board, according to board rules.