Thread: Mendy vs Wallace

Backup

User Info Menu

Mendy vs Wallace

Part of me is more concerned about losing our #1 RB over our #1 Wr. I believe Mendy is underrated. He has a chance to explode for a decent team like the Broncos. Also he won't demand mega dollars. That doesn't mean I think we should resign him, cause he is very different and seems to think of himself more than the team...but keep in mind we have no legit starting RB. Wallace will be good but you know how it is when WR'S get a new QB throwing to him. Thoughts?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Wallace is the more productive player but he would cost more than what he is worth IMO. At least at WR, we still have some solid palyers in Sanders and Brown.

We don't really have a true starting RB on this roster right now so I would agree... the loss of Mendenhall will hurt the most.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am not concerned with either loss. Wallace out priced himself and Mendenhall underperformed and was a complete let down. I wanted Ray Rice that year though so I make the comparison between the two. 08 officially the worst draft I have seen from the Steelers.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've heard the Bronco's might consider Mendy as Magahee is recovering from injury, plus Mendy is only 25. A new scenery for Mendy might make a difference and if it's the Bronco's he'll have success there I believe.

As for Wallace, we know Miami is the front runner for his services but I think he would be better served going to a team that is playoff bound. A good place for Wallace would be the Bengals teaming up with AJ Green but their owner won't fork out the cash Wallace wants.
    New England would be another team he could do well with but it appears they may want to keep Welker and sign some of their other players.

Cleveland has the cap room but I think they want Keenan Lewis to team up with Hayden. Wallace may help Miami but his impact won't make that much difference there especially with the money he demands.

Legend

User Info Menu

if u made me choose one of them, i'd choose wallace 6 days a week and 4 times (once for each quarter) on Sunday!

Mendy's overrated - always has been. We just love him cuz he represented our team... There are at least 15 better backs in the NFL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I've heard the Bronco's might consider Mendy as Magahee is recovering from injury, plus Mendy is only 25. A new scenery for Mendy might make a difference and if it's the Bronco's he'll have success there I believe.

As for Wallace, we know Miami is the front runner for his services but I think he would be better served going to a team that is playoff bound. A good place for Wallace would be the Bengals teaming up with AJ Green but their owner won't fork out the cash Wallace wants.
    New England would be another team he could do well with but it appears they may want to keep Welker and sign some of their other players.

Cleveland has the cap room but I think they want Keenan Lewis to team up with Hayden. Wallace may help Miami but his impact won't make that much difference there especially with the money he demands.
    I would be interested in whoever shakes out of the Denver situation if Mendenhall goes there. McGahee is solid and Moreno is versatile.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Mendy goes to Denver and gets his carries he will surprise people. Mendy has always been a good OL away from being an elite back. Now I know I won't get any love for the above statment but the guy has been a victim of some shotty Steeler OL's over the last few years.
    Trolls are people too.