Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Must Hit It Big In The Draft or 8-8 seasons will become common.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Everyone thought we "Hit it Big" in last year's draft.
    How do we know the Steelers didn't hit it big? Each of the first three draft picks missed extended periods of time due to injuries.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    How do we know the Steelers didn't hit it big? Each of the first three draft picks missed extended periods of time due to injuries.
    Did I say we didn't?

I still have high hopes for our 1st 4 picks. I couldn't believe the Rainey pick either. I thought he had the potential to be our ROY. In less than a year, he's off the team.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dee Dub;548007]This Organization will not lose any significant player that they need or that they don't already have a viable replacement for. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers...not sure if you have ever heard of them?[/QUOTE]

Listen Bud, I'm a life long fan of this team so please don't question my allegiance to the team I love, unless you want to start some BS

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Everyone thought we "Hit it Big" in last year's draft.
    every year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=supersteeler;548022]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    This Organization will not lose any significant player that they need or that they don't already have a viable replacement for. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers...not sure if you have ever heard of them?[/QUOTE]

Listen Bud, I'm a life long fan of this team so please don't question my allegiance to the team I love, unless you want to start some BS
    Ok now I get it. It's a maturity issue with you. No problem. Peace.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 02-05-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    For the millionth time, you can't assume that if they draft another 1st round OL, that BB won't get hurt. Let's not forget that the past 2 TWO years that BB got hurt, it was all on him. Had every opportunity to get rid of the ball but instead tried to make a play and got hurt. Injuries happen.

Go back and look at the video of the KC game where got hurt.. It was 3rd down and 4. He had Miller on 1 on 1 coverage and could've made a 1st down if he threw to him, but never looked his way, and then down he went...All on him.
    A stud OL may not prevent Ben from getting hurt, but it can aid in giving us a dominant running game, which will aid the team when Ben does get hurt and misses time. Gotta think ahead and not be so reactionary (not you, the Steelers)....I would be willing to bet 25 bucks that one of our starting 5 OL goes down with a multi-game injury within the first 4 to 6 weeks of the season. Gameplan ahead and have a stud waiting rather then have the injury occur and have to plug scrubs in to a makeshift line.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    8-8 seasons will only be common if Ben continues to miss 3 games and play hurt the rest of the season....
    You should have just stopped right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Make the OL better and you will preclude that from happening. Fail to do that and get use to being average because there is no alternative to Ben.
    The Steelers as a team gave up 37 sacks all year. That ranked 18th best in the league which really isnt that bad considering they were 12th in the league in passing attempts and 19% of those sacks were to Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich.

Ben did not get hurt because of his O-line. Ben got hurt because Ben held on to the ball too long and tried to make something happen that wasn't there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ben did not get hurt because of his O-line. Ben got hurt because Ben held on to the ball too long and tried to make something happen that wasn't there.
    Which he should continue to do. Sometimes it wins championships and sometimes it loses games. Gamblers gotta gamble...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Which he should continue to do. Sometimes it wins championships and sometimes it loses games. Gamblers gotta gamble...
    Agreed! It is who he is. And I like. It separates him from many others.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    every year...
    yup, just like player "X" was the 'steal' of the round or steal of the draft