Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cotchery

New redzone go to guy. 4 touchdowns the last 2 games... Keep throwing to him inside the 20 yard line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its the wily veteran getting it done in the red zone. Another example of why we pay veterans the extra dough and keep each position age stratified.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like seeing a guy like Cotch have success because he's such a nice guy. Good to see things work out for quality people.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully, in this case, nice guy won't finish last...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like seeing a guy like Cotch have success because he's such a nice guy. Good to see things work out for quality people.
    I couldn't agree more. I love to hear the accolades on the Heath Miller, Jericho Cotchery types. Its a good base for the fans to work off of. I know I could do more in their likeness. Their commitment to the community is also much appreciated. They make me a proud Steelers fan.

Backup

User Info Menu

It's because Jerricho Cotchery, despite being only 6'1" and 200 pounds, is the largest of the top three WRs on the team.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford all have at least one WR in their top three who is both taller and thicker than Cotchery. And if you include benched/seriously injured QBs, then so do Matt Schaub and Michael Vick.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben also seems to look for Cotchery on third downs. He doesn't have the speed or quickness of Brown / Sanders, but he knows his assignments and seems to have the QBs trust.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cotchery is an asset. I hope we keep him until he retires. He is the "Hines Ward Light"

Need a player like that on the team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it just me, or has the Ben - Heath connection cooled considerably? I understand Miller has to block a lot, but he used to be the "go-to" guy. Just doesn't seem that way this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Is it just me, or has the Ben - Heath connection cooled considerably? I understand Miller has to block a lot, but he used to be the "go-to" guy. Just doesn't seem that way this season.
    I do remember a Red Zone play where HEATH was the #1 Read. Ben ended up getting sacked before he could dream of hitting Heath for 6
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!