Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFC North: Cleveland's new coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AFC North: Cleveland's new coaches

I was really hoping that Haslam would make the wrong move with his first coaching hire. But I have to give him credit. Chudzinski was a good hire.

That guy always has a top 10 offense everywhere he goes. Hell, he made Derek Anderson look like a decent QB in 2007.

Then they made another good move. He brought in Norv Turner as his OC. That guy sucks as a Head Coach, but damn he can coordinate an offense.

The real key for them is going to be whether they keep Jauron as DC. That defense was stout this year.

Hate to say it but our Division is much tougher than in the past. Cinci has made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. Baltimore has made it 5 straight. Cleveland may finally be on the rise.

Meanwhile we have missed 2 out of the last 4 years with one Super Bowl appearance.

We may have a few dry years til we can re-load.

Backup

User Info Menu

If the Steelers can have the best QB in the division (by far) and still only be an average team, then that just illustrates how below-average the rest of the team is.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    If the Steelers can have the best QB in the division (by far) and still only be an average team, then that just illustrates how below-average the rest of the team is.
    I'm not saying it will happen quickly. The Division is tough and Ben is injury prone. Look to Steve Mcnair's career arc for what I think you will see with Ben.

Injuries pile up over time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Until the Steelers commit to real changes and putting more value on offense than defense then we will be lagging in the AFC North as we go forward. Offense wins in this league. You don't need the top defense anymore as we proved this year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to put the emphasis on scoring POINTS.

Not resting our defense with TOP and then gloating over their "ranking".

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

Wow, a sensible post.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Until the Steelers commit to real changes and putting more value on offense than defense then we will be lagging in the AFC North as we go forward. Offense wins in this league. You don't need the top defense anymore as we proved this year.
    All of the 8 remaining play off teams are in the top 12 scoring Ds in the league. That tells me D does still matter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell yes, D matters. Above post just proves that. Denver and Atlanta in the SB.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

yippee, another HC in our division that will be able to outcoach ours

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

Excellent