Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh, as some predicted

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't mind if he doesn't get behind DBs, as long as he keeps catching touchdowns in front of them.

sure, but his value to the team is how he strecthes the field so everybody else gets open. that of course is coming from his supporters that want the organization to pay him 10, 11 12+ million per year. i guess it was a wise decsion not to mortgage the frasnchises future to sign wallace if he cant get deep anymore

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes Emma Watson. Whatever shw says is good with me!
    I'm sure Hermione knows a healing spell that could be used on Wallace's groin.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The resistance he wasn't getting in Florida was from a defender that was playing him hard and really trying to stop him from getting where he wants to go. I'm sure he had other athletes attempting to offer resistance, but they probably weren't NFL trained cornerbacks that have been playing defense their entire football lives. That's what Mike missed and no amount training can simulate the movements that you may have to make during an NFL game during a one-on-one drill in pads or without pads. You need to be getting pushed and bumped by potentially 1, 2 or 3 guys on one play. You may have to break a route off quicker than expected due a 240 pound linebacker bearing down on you. There is no way to simulate a defense that doesn't want you to go where you want go until you step on the field.

I'm sure Mike worked hard and if all he had to do was run in a straight line he may never pull a groin or hammy. Once you have to start running real routes to avoid a good NFL defender then the dynamics of what you need to do physically change and that's when strains, pulls and sprains occur.

He's injured, he may have been injured regardless of hold out, the hold out had very little to do with it, missing live football scrimmages and games probably had more to do with it than anything.

Pappy

I couldn't help but think about the combine in all of these discussions. If training in shorts is so relevant to playing then why don't we just automate the whole draft process. Whoever ranks the best in the various combine tests gets automatically drafted first and so forth.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post

I couldn't help but think about the combine in all of these discussions. If training in shorts is so relevant to playing then why don't we just automate the whole draft process. Whoever ranks the best in the various combine tests gets automatically drafted first and so forth.

why stop there? there should be no pads or any contact thru OTAs, training camp and once the season starts. the only time you put on a uniform and pads is for the games

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    why stop there? there should be no pads or any contact thru OTAs, training camp and once the season starts. the only time you put on a uniform and pads is for the games
    Why stop there? Just put flags on the players for the games and don't even bother with the pads...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why stop there? Just put flags on the players for the games and don't even bother with the pads...
    Let's just skip the games and give the Steelers the Lombardi...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just have the players all connect up with one another on the Playstation Network and play each other on Madden 13. Of course, then we'd have a whole bunch of former players coming out of the woodwork to sue the NFL for carpal tunnel syndrome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Dear MSM,

I see how fond you are of logic (or lack there of; i'm really not sure). Here is something for you:

beyond inaccurate = not inaccurate = accurate

P.S. Please go 'like' some other team.
    You are incorrect. "Beyond" means over and above, as in, the assertion is excessively inaccurate. Don't quit your day job; thinking ain't you thing.

And I can like whatever team I damnnn want to and there is nothing you can do about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    And I can like whatever team I damnnn want to and there is nothing you can do about it.
    I'm with you on this one, it's very annoying when another Steeler fan tells you to go root for another team just because they disagree with you or don't like what you have to say.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm with you on this one, it's very annoying when another Steeler fan tells you to go root for another team just because they disagree with you or don't like what you have to say.
    You need to pipe down and go root for another team :P