Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay burned again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The guy isn't very good at all and I can't believe that we are 1 injury away from him being a #2.

He's a liability. If Ike and Allen can't stay healthy all year and Gay has to step into the #2 role, we're in trouble.
    I agree, Gay as our #2 CB is a scary thought.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, Gay as our #2 CB is a scary thought.
    Just guessing but if we had a starting CB injured, I think Gay would stay in nickel and someone else like Victorian or Brown would elevate.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is Ike "gone next year ?"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Why is Ike "gone next year ?"
    He should have been gone this year if it meant keeping Allen and Lewis as our long term starters. Don't get me wrong, I like Ike as much as the next Steeler fan but as most already know... It's a business.

The Steelers made a BAD business decision in letting Lewis walk when they know damn well their ongoing salary cap situation and their age in the secondary.

Ike is getting paid close to 9.5 million this year. The problem with cutting him this offseason was the 6.9 mil in dead "money". Next year, he will make close to 10.5 million. The BIGGEST difference is next year there is no "dead" money if he's cut.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He should have been gone this year if it meant keeping Allen and Lewis as our long term starters. Don't get me wrong, I like Ike as much as the next Steeler fan but as most already know... It's a business.

The Steelers made a BAD business decision in letting Lewis walk when they know damn well their ongoing salary cap situation and their age in the secondary.

Ike is getting paid close to 9.5 million this year. The problem with cutting him this offseason was the 6.9 mil in dead "money". Next year, he will make close to 10.5 million. The BIGGEST difference is next year there is no "dead" money if he's cut.
    Ike restructure next year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's the Steelers own fault that the CB situation is what it is....

If they resigned Lewis, they'd have their starting CBs locked up for several years in Lewis & Allen. Instead, they let Lewis walk for very reasonable money which was one of the dumbest personnel decisions in recent memory. You take years to develop a talent just to let him walk..... it's ridiculous.

This year, they COULD have had Ike, Lewis, Allen as the top 3. Next year, Ike will be gone but at least you'd still have Allen and Lewis as your #1 and #2. Instead, we CHOSE to have Ike, Allen and Gay as our top 3.

William Gay is a joke..... Good QBs will identify where he is and pick on him all day long like they've done in the past.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Ike restructure next year.
    I sure hope not.... Ike will be almost 34.5 by the start of next season. Why would you restructure?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I sure hope not.... Ike will be almost 34.5 by the start of next season. Why would you restructure?
    How many players on the Steelers roster right now are in better shape than Ike Taylor? It should answer your question. You may have a point if the guy still wasn't one of the fastest on the team at that age AND one of the hardest working players on the team and possibly the entire NFL.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 08-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    How many players on the Steelers roster right now are in better shape than Ike Taylor and that should answer your question. You may have a point if the guy still wasn't one of the fastest on the team at that age AND one of the hardest working players on the team and possibly the entire NFL.
    We HAD a guy on the roster and we didn't resign him... remember?

Everyone gets old... including Ike. Ike isn't worth the money he's making right now and his play will decline. Look at Champ Bailey... he's a hall of famer and his play clearly declined last year and Ike is no Champ Bailey and he will be be older than that next year.

Yea, let's pay a non-playmaker close to 10 million/yr... that makes sense.

Let's move on..... the NFL days are ending for the mid-30 crowd. Unfortunately, that means next year for old timer Clark, Foote, Ike and Polamalu shortly thereafter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Everyone gets old... including Ike. We HAD a guy on the roster and we didn't resign him... remember? Ike isn't worth the money he's making right now and his play will decline. Yea, let's pay a non-playmaker close to 10 million/yr... that makes sense.

Let's move on..... the NFL days are ending for the mid-30 crowd. Unfortunately, that means next year for old timer Clark, Foote, Ike and Polamalu shortly thereafter.
    Right everyone gets old but there are plenty of players in the NFL that stave off the age through extra work in the offseason. Ike Taylor is one of those guys and I don't expect to see him released by the Steelers anytime soon. The day Ike goes is the day Ike retires. IMO