Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Beanie Weanie Wells in Pittsburgh today for

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    And the TD Ben scored to bail out Bettis?

And the TD Ward dropped BEFORE Ben bailed out Bettis on the same drive?

Ward didn't catch a 3rd and 28 pass thrown to himself either.

If anything trying to cater to Bettis, AGAIN, hurt the offense. 4 attempts in the red zone to get ol' Bussie a TD in his home town.

And four times, he failed.
    And the TD that Ward caught via Randle El in the SB because Ben couldn't do much of anything in that game? Does that mean they bailed out Ben on the biggest stage? Your argument isn't very objective at all.. completely 1-sided. Obviously, we don't stand a chance without a healthy Ben to win the SB but what exactly is your point?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And the TD that Ward caught via Randle El in the SB because Ben couldn't do much of anything in that game? Does that mean they bailed out Ben on the biggest stage? Your argument isn't very objective at all.. completely 1-sided. Obviously, we don't stand a chance without a healthy Ben to win the SB but what exactly is your point?
    My argument is completely objective. This team isn't about defense and running no matter how much people want it to be.

The success of this team has always been on the back of it's franchise QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    My argument is completely objective. This team isn't about defense and running no matter how much people want it to be.

The success of this team has always been on the back of it's franchise QB.
    Are the failures on him as well or is that a one way street. No need to respond because we all know your answer.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Are the failures on him as well or is that a one way street. No need to respond because we all know your answer.
    When he plays bad? Absolutely.

When Joe freaking Flacco goes 90 yards to win a division, and the biggest side show freak in NFL history carves this defense up like a turkey? Not a chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Right-o.... back on topic... Beanie Wells..

Chadman would be ok with this signing as it gives the Steelers a 1st round talent at 7th round talent prices. If they could rotate Wells & Dwyer, you might get decent 'powerback' play at great cap value.

Of course, it would completely negate the need to keep Redman.

And they'd still need a 3rd down/ change of pace type RB to be added.

But Chadman likes the idea of kicking the tyres of 'fallen 1st round picks'. It's not like they lost their talent.

Wells, Eben Britton & Darius Heyward-Bey are all young, relatively unwanted former 1st round talent players. For small contract numbers, what can it hurt to add them to the roster & see if they can evolve some of that talent?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

random thought... it amazes me how crash can make activity triple by just showing up...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Chadman would be ok with this signing as it gives the Steelers a 1st round talent at 7th round talent prices. If they could rotate Wells & Dwyer, you might get decent 'powerback' play at great cap value.

But Chadman likes the idea of kicking the tyres of 'fallen 1st round picks'. It's not like they lost their talent.

Wells, Eben Britton & Darius Heyward-Bey are all young, relatively unwanted former 1st round talent players. For small contract numbers, what can it hurt to add them to the roster & see if they can evolve some of that talent?
    Agreed. Sometimes a guy needs a new atmosphere. Sometimes he just needs to get healthy. I would think that if they can maintain some level of health, the Steeler OL should prove to be better than what was in AZ. Of course, the big IF is to see if Wells can pass the physical.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

a 2nd physical, still no contract... i suspect they worry about his knee, as AZ did. time to start lookign for the draft... come to think of it, I may do a "grade the RBs in the draft" post... so we can look back over it this fall and see how awesome i am - lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Backup

User Info Menu

Go get Randy Moss. Play Moss/Plax/AB in a 3 wide base offense. Cotchery as #4.

Then draft PITT's Mike Shanahan as a TE in round #3 and groom him as Miller's eventual successor.

This isn't that hard to do. But I'm not working there.

Backup

User Info Menu

I am not sold on Wells...If the Cards let him go, why in the world would we want him?